Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar Gallery (was Avatar Matrix) beta released

17 years 5 months ago #37827 by tf5_bassist
Replied by tf5_bassist on topic Re:Avatar Matrix .5 available for download & testi
Haha, yeah, I suppose that'd help other people, huh. Here's my working functioning query:

[code:1]SELECT cb_membertype, c.firstname, cb_displayname, c.city, u.id, c.user_id, c.avatar FROM #__comprofiler AS c, #__users AS u WHERE c.avatar NOT LIKE 'NULL' AND c.banned=0 AND c.approved = '1' AND c.confirmed = '1' AND (u.id = c.user_id) ORDER BY RAND()[/code:1]

cb_membertype is a custom field in the profile containing fields like Artist, Photographer, Gallery, Fan, etc... cb_display name was my alternate thought on getting it to display a name, but I couldn't get it to override... so until I decide 100% i'm not using it, then i'm leaving it in the system. everything else is pretty self-explanatory (as in, I ripped off the query from a previous "I got it working!" post). I decided to put the city in the matrix as well, even though this is a local-based site, there are outlying areas...

Now I just have to tweak the formatting. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• locii
  • locii
17 years 5 months ago #37865 by locii
Hi Raj,

Just wondering if youve had any further thought on this error:
"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getlinkstonantsprofilegallerypics() (previously declared in /home/desidisc/public_html/modules/mod_avatar_matrix5.php:539) in /home/desidisc/public_html/modules/mod_avatar_matrix5.php on line 563"

Im not using nantsgallery as far as I know and have tried it with all sorts of various scenarios where the avatar is not shown but I might be barking up the wrong tree.

Would be grateful for any ideas on this ...

Thanks Anthony

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 5 months ago #37866 by Raj
Email me at rogerdavis@gmail.com and I'll send you an "experimental version" that might solve that problem.

Raj

17 years 5 months ago #37917 by tf5_bassist
Replied by tf5_bassist on topic Re:Avatar Matrix .5 available for download & testi
Okay, now that I have this thing working pretty much exactly the way I want it to, I'm stoked! There's just two things I'm curious about now...

1) It shouldn't be too hard to take the Coppermine Galleries and put it there, right? I don't know where to start, but I need to hammer it out sometime soon-ish.

2) Is there a way to get the Tooltip to float ABOVE the cursor position as opposed to below it?

It keeps getting buried under my flash slideshow... Unless there's a way to make the tooltip float over the flash file, isn't that what z-index does? But it's already cranked up to 13000 so I don't know if that's possible.

Thanks! :D

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 5 months ago #37920 by Raj
With regard to Coppermine, the avatars are linked to CB profiles, not to Coppermine galleries, but it might be possible to work out a query that would put up avatars of users with the most Coppermine entries. I've never used Coppermine, so it's hard for me to advise you.

As for the tooltip-Flash issue, there's going to be a maintenance release soon. Need to update to Mootools 1.1 release and I figured out how to fix the "PHP 5 function redeclare issue" So I'll just throw in the ability to put the tooltip above or below the cursor, too.

Raj

• sstark
  • sstark
17 years 4 months ago #38422 by sstark
Raj,

I have modified your Avatar Matrix. I have turned it into a 'User Matching' service.

I have settings in my comprofiler users setup for show online users only, search distance in Km and which sex to show.

I then filter all the results through my modified Avarar Matrix (and my top avatar scroller), resulting in a "My Matches" page for my visitors.

you need an account to test, but you can see it online at smart-love.ca

*Cheers!*

StevenStark.com - Work | Smart-Love.ca - Dating

Moderators: beatnantkrileon