Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar Gallery (was Avatar Matrix) beta released

• Raj
  • Raj
16 years 11 months ago #50310 by Raj
New features in .6:

Ability to specify the name of the Mootools file, or leave blank if Mootools is included in your template. No more being restricted to a particular version of Mootools.

Ability to edit the CSS for the Module directly from the admin backend. No more messing with external CSS files. Very convenient!

Ability to edit the CSS for the BubbleTip directly from the admin backend. Again, no more messing with external CSS files.

Ability to specify a horizontal and vertical offset for the BubbleTip.

Ability to specify a "Link Template" ... Avatars can now link to something other than Community Builder profiles, like the users latest Fireboard post. This is a tough feature for users to master, though, since you have to know how components build their URLs and then construct your query based on this.

Ability to run a run random queries, so that you mix up which avatars are displayed.

I probably won't support the Link Template feature, it would just consume endless hours.

Here's a screen capture showing where to edit the CSS for the module in the admin backend. This has saved me tons of time.

Raj

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mblue
  • mblue
16 years 11 months ago #50324 by mblue
can we see a demo?

• Raj
  • Raj
16 years 11 months ago #50345 by Raj
I'm working on a demo site now, but it probably won't be ready for awhile.

Raj

• Raj
  • Raj
16 years 11 months ago #50362 by Raj
Okay, there's a demo site at www.joomlawebdesigners.com/ . That's going to be the new site for all my modules, as I complete them. I'll only work on them if there's actually interest. I actually have a few more great ones done, but the burden of support requests prevents me from releasing them.

The site has a download link for Avatar Gallery 1 Beta. That's the new name for Avatar Matrix. Need to have a beta test before a public release to fix last minute bugs.

The trial version expires on December 10th.

I'm out of town until the 21st, which is Wednesday. I might be able to check this thread before then, but may not have access to the internet. Please post bugs or questions here.

I had to put this whole thing together quickly before leaving, so there's a chance it may just fail utterly. I haven't tested on various PHP versions, just on Ravenwoods Joomla Server. I haven't tested the encrypted code.

Please note that the accordian feature has been removed in the interest of reducing code complexity. Better to put that in another module. The AutoAssign Avatars feature will also be put into a separate module, with more features added.

There's tons of CSS examples and demos at the new site.

Roger

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2007/11/17 05:05

• mblue
  • mblue
16 years 11 months ago #50438 by mblue
Wow, really nice, thats it what we designer needed, i´m start to testing it, right?

• mblue
  • mblue
16 years 11 months ago #50439 by mblue
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /srv/www/......./public_html/dessau/modules/mod_avatar_gallery1.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 2

First bug?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon