Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[CBPLUG] - Google - Maps - Coordinates - Finder

17 years 9 months ago #29054 by
Hi, I hope people are still checking this. I have been banging my head agains the wall. I keey getting this error "you must enter a number to the latitude" when I try to use the geocoder tab to update logitude and latitude. I have attempted everything and dug into the db to check for errors. Could you please help with this???:(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stiggi
  • Stiggi
17 years 9 months ago #29056 by Stiggi
Does this error occur with geocoder or gmapfinder?

As I know there are two CB-plugins for the googlemaps-component. First the geocoder and second the gmapfinder (maybe a silly name ;))

You can use gmapfinder to show a map and let the user set his coordinates by pointing inside the map and click on the "set this as my location"-link.

To make this work, please verify that both coordinates textfields are located on the gmapfinder tab.

• Draakje
  • Draakje
17 years 9 months ago #29085 by Draakje
I love this plugin but i can't figure out how to use it correctly. I had it working on one username, but when i changed his coordinates the map didn't change with him. After installing googlemaps and gmapfinder again it doesn't show any user.

Is there a possibility that you have to install them in a specific order, or users have to register after the component and plugin have been installed.

I see it working on da-guxx so i know its possible to change some coordinates...

Another thing i was thinking about is maybe some chmod-settings?

Anyone else stumbles upon this?

Greetings,
Draakje

• Stiggi
  • Stiggi
17 years 9 months ago #29087 by Stiggi
the problem is the XML file which is needed by the GoogleMaps component. Right now the Gmapfinder plugin for CB is only a tool to let the user easily select his/her coordinates.

I have to add the functionality to update the XML file. Right now you can do this manually in the backend -> googlemaps component -> help or about or something like that (I dont know the right tab, but its the most right tab). Or you create a cronjob to create the XML file.

• Draakje
  • Draakje
17 years 9 months ago #29094 by Draakje
Aha. Oke, i'll be waiting for it (thanks for the quick respons). The troubleshoot tab is what you were talking about i guess, although the update xml didn't work for me, i think (got tot the live website)...

One more thing that i was wondering about. There is some talking about the other plugin. Is having geocoder installed needed to let gmap work?

• Stiggi
  • Stiggi
17 years 9 months ago #29096 by Stiggi
the googlemaps component checks if the geocoder plugin is installed. Depending on that you can see the CB tab of the googlemaps component (backend -> components -> GoogleMaps).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon