Skip to Content Skip to Menu

er joogle install probs

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
17 years 9 months ago #29298 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:er joogle install probs
I too have the double install problem. When I installed joogle, there are now TWO com_joogle's listed in my components list.

There's no congiguration in the back end.

I click on the users and I can edit long and lat, but the pagination in the users doesn't work.

At the top of the component it says "your version is" and then nothing.

I'm also getting the "api key is for another site" message and no map is drawing on the front end.

I've got 'myyahookey:mygoogleapikey' in the xml file and in parrameters in the sql db field.

Not working...no map drawn!

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 8 months ago #30817 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:er joogle install probs
Yeah, make that four...five...etc.

Applied for the API ids at Google and Yahoo and edited the XML appropriately. Zipped back up and installed and got the following

- The two component menu items with the sdame name like many other users
- When I select either one, an obviously broken admin interface (graphic for logo not copied properly an easy fix)
- when I create a menu option for it and select it, the following error:

cannot open maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=2429+Freemansburg+Ave%2CEaston%2CPA&output=xml&key= ABQIAAAAr10nBIZJMrlxWdWf0MmriRTS1nGUktcm0dus5veqQRh1xfAL8RSKGpPnqm_UuAyQj2c8NBfFsNAuLQ

If I put that url into a browser, I get a valid XML file, but nothing else.

There is nothing in my PHP.ini preventing this, in fact I am testing this on a 'wide open' site that I haven't even close for fopens or globals yet.

Just doesn't seem to work after 6 tries, and I'm surpised that the XML edit isn't explicitly mentionsed in the program entries here and the extensions site - since this is not a typical PRE INSTALL requirement of a component - and finding info on this is complicated by the fact that there are multiple sites listing an app named Joogle (one of them a Jewish Search engine :lol: ) and at LEAST one Joomla add on using the same name. Also this is listed here as a plugin when in fact it is a stand alone component, more confusion!

I should add that it requires a bit of manual editing to uninstall it properly too - be advised you'll need to manually remove the lat and lon fields that are added to you com_comprofiler table and in some case remove files with FTP.

Great idea and looks cool on the developer's site (when you finally find it that is!), but it has a LOOOONNNNG way to go before it's out of beta. In fact, I would call this more of an ALPHA. :whistle:

Post edited by: rpitera, at: 2007/02/09 19:34

• Phleum
  • Phleum
17 years 7 months ago #31920 by Phleum
Replied by Phleum on topic Re:er joogle install probs
Exact same symptoms as mediaguru to the letter. In the frontend instead of a map I get:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/www/www/components/com_joogle/joogle.php on line 55

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/mysite/www/www/components/com_joogle/joogle.php on line 204

Warning: fopen( api.hostip.info/get_html.php?ip=24.91.83.240&position=true ) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/mysite/www/www/components/com_joogle/joogle.php on line 204
cannot open api.hostip.info/get_html.php?ip=24.91.83.240&position=true

Help? This com looks fantastic!

Post edited by: Phleum, at: 2007/02/24 07:15

• rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 7 months ago #31939 by rpitera
Well it was more than 2 weeks between mediaguru's post and mine, and another 2 weeks between my post and yours...

And in all that time, not a single response from the author so I would probably write this one off.:(

17 years 7 months ago #32153 by chillee151
Replied by chillee151 on topic Re:er joogle install probs
Couldn't get it to work for me. It said that my Google api key was invalid after updating it in xml and in phpmyadmin. Perhaps the key needs to be generated for a different directory?

I give up.

• rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 7 months ago #32154 by rpitera
chillee151 wrote:

Couldn't get it to work for me. It said that my Google api key was invalid after updating it in xml and in phpmyadmin. Perhaps the key needs to be generated for a different directory?

I give up.

I think if you want to do Google maps, your best bet is to buy the new Joomlapolis product. Could be why the author stopped developing it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon