Skip to Content Skip to Menu

er joogle install probs

• Phleum
  • Phleum
17 years 7 months ago #32160 by Phleum
Replied by Phleum on topic Re:er joogle install probs
rpitera wrote:
I think if you want to do Google maps, your best bet is to buy the new Joomlapolis product. Could be why the author stopped developing it.[/quote]

Can you give more information about this Joomlapolis product? I've searched around a bit and don't know what you mean. I'd welcome an alternative...

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mediaguru
  • mediaguru
17 years 7 months ago #32193 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:er joogle install probs
I have not heard of a Joomlapolis mapping product "for sale" or otherwise... What are you talking about?

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

• rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 7 months ago #32198 by rpitera
Replied by rpitera on topic Re:er joogle install probs
Crap! I'm sorry, guys - I am working on two projects at the same time and confused one plugin for one product with another one that is completly different!!

I'm really sorry for misleading you, the mapping product I was wrongly referring to was for SOBI2, a directory component for Joomla. DUH! :blush:

There *is* the GeoCoder plugin though, www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,40/Itemid,36/ . I haven't ahd time to play with it yet but if your're up to doing the map implementation yourself - this will provide the coordinates for the user base.

Post edited by: rpitera, at: 2007/02/28 16:36

• nickers
  • nickers
17 years 7 months ago #33095 by nickers
Replied by nickers on topic Re:er joogle install probs
I've had all of the same problems. I went to the code and was very surprised to find this release is not at all compatible with CB, or at least not the current version.

The problem with line 55 is that Joogle is trying to pull fields out of the CB database that you haven't created. The reason I know you haven't created them is because the fields are specified without the enforced cb_ prefix. Those fields would be address, city, state, and country, which first need to be created in CB, if you haven't already, and then changed in joogle.php.

For instance, the query string above line 55 needs to read $query = "Select id, cb_address, cb_city, cb_state, cb_country FROM #__comprofiler WHERE cb_city IS NOT NULL and cb_state IS NOT NULL and (lat = 0.000000 or lon = 0.000000)".

You must then change all references to address, city, state, and country in joogle.php to include the cd_ prefix.

And while you're at it, you'll also need to create a CB field called website and replace all instances of it in joogle.php as you did with the other fields above. The problem is the joogle map function in joogle.php passes a bad reference to joogle.html.php because the website field in the query doesn't exist. So like the line 55 problem, you get a line 111 problem for joogle.html.php, which is actually triggered by the bad reference found in line 201 in joogle.php.

At this point, if your Yahoo application id and Google api key were correctly placed in joogle.xml and you had a good install, then linking to joogle and brining it up should at least get all of your users geo-coded and the map should come up, as it did for me, except that the map didn't contain any user locations.

The script is failing because

$rows = $database->loadObjectList();

at line 201 in joogle.php is returning an empty set, which is strange because if I cut and paste the query into phpmyadmin changing the table references to the jos_ prefix it returns the expected results. So something is out of scope most likely.

This is the data that joogle is now trying to pull out and pass to google using joogle.html.php.

Anyway, that's as far as I got. If anyone can pick up on this I'd appreciate it. I'm pretty much completely new to PHP.

Thanks...

17 years 6 months ago #34125 by
Replied by on topic Re:er joogle install probs

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/mysite/www/www/components/com_joogle/joogle.php on line 204

Hi,
after the installation of the Joogle Component the above error message appeared. I asked my provider why the URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration is disabled and they answered that it is a high security issue to enable the URL file-access.
Is there a chance to use the Joogle component without the URL file-access? I do not want to change my provider. ;)

Best regards

Mike

• techman
  • techman
17 years 4 months ago #39206 by techman
Replied by techman on topic Re:er joogle install probs
I got the same thing. Removed it and dropped lon and lat from database... uninstalled and verified the directory was gone. Tried again and no go still. Maybe to soon for this component.:huh:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon