Skip to Content Skip to Menu

XSPF Profile Player

• pointri
  • pointri
17 years 10 months ago #26269 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
That would certainly be one way to do it.

[code:1]// If params ask for the playlist manager, deliver it. Otherwise, load the interface that allows visitors to add songs from this profile to their own.
if ($isME) { include('uploader.php'); } else {include('chooseplaylist.php';}[/code:1]

Then the interface for visitors to a profile would be placed in chooseplaylist.php, and as mentioned before, would require its own table to store data, and probably a parallel directory structure to the XSPFs stored for artists. The main functions in mp3tab.php might also require some loosening up (I guess the word is abstraction) so that they can accommodate adds and deletes to user playlists from profiles.

And like I mentioned, it would probably be best to instead make the flash player itself the interface for adding artist tracks to user playlists (like MySpace, basically).

Here's some karma. 'A' for effort.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Styles
  • Styles
17 years 10 months ago #26271 by Styles
Replied by Styles on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
pointri wrote:

That would certainly be one way to do it.

[code:1]// If params ask for the playlist manager, deliver it. Otherwise, load the interface that allows visitors to add songs from this profile to their own.
if ($isME) { include('uploader.php'); } else {include('chooseplaylist.php';}[/code:1]

Then the interface for visitors to a profile would be placed in chooseplaylist.php, and as mentioned before, would require its own table to store data, and probably a parallel directory structure to the XSPFs stored for artists. The main functions in mp3tab.php might also require some loosening up (I guess the word is abstraction) so that they can accommodate adds and deletes to user playlists from profiles.

And like I mentioned, it would probably be best to instead make the flash player itself the interface for adding artist tracks to user playlists (like MySpace, basically).

Here's some karma. 'A' for effort.

The add to playlist is already doable...i'm sure of it
as long as we strickly follow xspf requirements and extension
that would meen replaver userid.xml to userid.xspf
I have a version that can add it to webjay.com already...i just removed the function for now.

So we need to concentrate on the 'chooseplaylist.php' programing part for now.

Also, you mentioned all thins could built in to the install
I think it should be another version or addon, not everyone needs all these functions, actually most people dont BUT the ones that do are anxious ;)

What most people need is a player with playlist and uploader...

Oh yeah...and thanks for the Karma :evil:

Post edited by: Styles, at: 2006/12/05 05:26

Hey!? I want karma too :(

There's a reason they call me Styles with an S
www.stylesmedia.ca - www.sm-music.com - www.perfect-light.com
Want more? Got more!

• pointri
  • pointri
17 years 10 months ago #26277 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
Right. The benefit to a CB plugin is that more parameters can be made in the back end which can determine what features are enabled globally or not, i.e., an uploader, a playlist manager, genres, fields, artist/fan groups, whatever..

All that logic should be contained and be able to be accommodated in the plugin.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

• Styles
  • Styles
17 years 10 months ago #26606 by Styles
pointri wrote:

Right. The benefit to a CB plugin is that more parameters can be made in the back end which can determine what features are enabled globally or not, i.e., an uploader, a playlist manager, genres, fields, artist/fan groups, whatever..

All that logic should be contained and be able to be accommodated in the plugin.

Ok then... where do we start?
I also have a script that generates xspf files from database info.

What I need from you is a breakdown of how to get de data from the database without messing up the original queries..

I also have scripts that can upload MP3s and other that can decifer ID3 info... and a whole bunch of stuff...

But i'm unsure of how to impliment it.
The main problem i have is to convert existing code so that it utilises existing CB and Joomla database presets. Also how to include the existing form parameters to fit nicely into CB tabs...etc...

I get around, and get what I need...but with some guidance we could get all this resolved quickly

Am i clear?:dry:

Want more? Got more!

• Styles
  • Styles
17 years 10 months ago #26611 by Styles
started a new topic on the forge

Want more? Got more!

• stomp
  • stomp
17 years 8 months ago #29646 by stomp
Replied by stomp on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
Hi, I just cant add the tab to my site, i dont know why, i have installed the pluing, but it does not works, can anyone help me?. my site is an spanish site jcmorelos.com/ i have joomla 1.0.12 and cb the last version,

pleasee:(

stomp!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon