Skip to Content Skip to Menu

XSPF Profile Player

• dhazard
  • dhazard
17 years 11 months ago #23311 by dhazard
Replied by dhazard on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
Figured it out, and it does work great. Though I know the ftp was left out of this version i thought there was still going to be a http upload option in this version? Of course u cant upload a great quality version thru http as most hosts are capped at 2mb.

Thanks for this great beta.

Not specifically about this plugin, but how do you highlight a tab in a profile? I want the music tab highlighted anytime someone looks at a profile - how do I do it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pointri
  • pointri
17 years 11 months ago #23315 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
I've been thinking about that, and I'm starting to wonder how often CB site admins will end up installing both this and Nick's gallery plugin. Instead of throwing in another HTTP uploader, I was considering having this plugin detect if...

1. Nick's plugin is installed.
2. There are MP3s stored in the gallery.

If so, there'd be a new select list in the manager that will add those MP3s to the XSPF playlist.

That way, there's only one point in a profile where media storage is taking place, instead of potentially several. It minimizes the security risks and keeps profiles less 'disjointed'.

Anyway, apart from any bugs, here's a short list of things I'd like to finish up before it goes stable...
  • Better control over track ordering from the manager.
  • User may select a default track to play first from the list when visiotrs view the profile.
  • A better way track and add genres.

If you have any others, leave them as feature requests on the forge.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

• pointri
  • pointri
17 years 11 months ago #23316 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
To answer your tab question, I think it has to do with passing a tab parameter in the URL

www.joomlapolis.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&Itemid=39&tab=getblogtab

will peg the profile to the Mamblog tab on this site. So to peg it to the music profile, you'd have to have links to profiles add this parameter:

&tab=getmp3tab

Though I don't believe that there's any easy way of going about this.

See what I mean?

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

17 years 11 months ago #23545 by alistaircochrane
Replied by alistaircochrane on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
First off all hats off to pointri for his excellent work. I really am delighted I've waited for this for so long.

Integration with nants gallery is not a bad idea... does anyone know if he has plans for an ftp uploader?

My idea would be to allow admins access to manage every users playlist. That way all they'd need to do is email an mp3 as an attachment and the admin could do the rest.

Cheers
Ally

• foxal
  • foxal
17 years 11 months ago #24718 by foxal
Replied by foxal on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
beta works excellent. good job

• humLife
  • humLife
17 years 11 months ago #25167 by humLife
Replied by humLife on topic Re:XSPF Profile Player
This sounds great, I tried to join the project but I see the admin hasn't been on in a while. Is there anyway someone can send me this? Or post a link? Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon