Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

• dorto
  • dorto
18 years 7 months ago #8642 by dorto
i have replaced my phpbbgui.php with the one available for download on that post but still getting the same internal server error.
i changed(hand-edited - at 5 locations) the figure 2000 to 200 just to check if it works, but no success with that either.

would you recommend uninstalling the phpbbconnector and CB and reinstalling them again? any phpbbconnector related database tables that you would like me to delete?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Teessider
  • Teessider
18 years 7 months ago #8645 by Teessider
Replied by Teessider on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
OK..have installed phpBB Connector and have a number of problems.

Firstly, had to hard code the phpBB_ table pretext into phpbgui.php, as I detailed in an earlier post. Never solved that problem! After that, all user accounts transferred ok, worked wonders!
Only thing is, now when I log in to my site, the login, although it works, does not redirect, but I end up with a white screen, stuck at http://127.0.0.1/joomla/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,login/.

If I then go back to the home page, it has actually logged me in.

If I uninstall the connector, I can log in fine.

Secondly, once logged in, if I then go to the forums, I am not logged into the forums automatically.

I've got the latest versions of Joola! and CB/phpBB connector installed and the forum is in the /forum/ folder, both installed to the same database. I have also made the change to the phpBB sessions file as detailed. So, I'm a bit stuck now...I have uninstalled phpBB connector a couple of times and re-installed with no luck.
Might try uninstalling CB later and reinstalling from scratch, but if you have any ideas, would be appreciated :)

Post edited by: Teessider, at: 2006/03/21 15:10

www.Teessideonline.net - just completed a long term conversion plan to Joomla/CB - a big job!

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 7 months ago #8650 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
dorto,

Not sure what to tell you... if you server is giving errors running queries of 200 users that sounds like there is a server issue outside of this software.

If you have the ability to check your MySQL installation I might start with that or ask you host to check it. Then I would check my way down the list Joomla, CB, then the plugin.

On Your mySQL does the database user (for Joomla DB) have DBA privelleges?

This GUI basically just copies some data out of the users tables from phpbb into CB (or vice versa)... If I recall correctly roughly about 3-4 tables per each... No real magic going on behind the scenes... so I would take a good look at your MySQL setup or MySQL server...

Just My Guess,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 7 months ago #8651 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Teessider,

I think there must be something more basic going on your site... could you post info about the server and setup (i.e. IIS, php 4.x.x MySql 4.x.x, etc.)... Based on the funny white screen you showed on the last post (post variables don't look correct so I am wondering if you are on IIS)...

also assuming this is on a test server... can I get setup with an admin account to peek around... I am really guessing since I don't see most of these errors that you are on an IIS server and there may be something in the code that needs tweaked about how it is looking for or including files.

If willing PM me the server login info so it will be a little more secure for your server...

With the table prefix issue and not being logged in correctly I am guessing that it is not finding your phpBB installation at all.

Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

• Teessider
  • Teessider
18 years 7 months ago #8653 by Teessider
Hi,
Yeah, I uninstalled CB, deleted all tables etc etc, and reinstalled everything from scratch. Same problems occurred. So, to eradicate the possibility that it was phpBB that was causing the problem, I removed and reinstalled this too. Alas, the problem is still here!

So...yep, I'm using a test server, but it's local. Its running:

Server Version: Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) PHP/4.4.0
MySQL version: 4.0.25
PHP version: 4.4.0

Now, I have uploaded the site to my live server too here:
www.teessideonline.net/new/
But thats no good for you to test right now as its not got the forum installed yet...nor the connector. I'll do that tonight and get back to you with some login details.

I too think its something more. And probably something real basic too, just can't put my finger on it!

www.Teessideonline.net - just completed a long term conversion plan to Joomla/CB - a big job!

• Teessider
  • Teessider
18 years 7 months ago #8693 by Teessider
SOLVED!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

And yeah, as I predicted, was something REALLY simple!

The clue was sitting in my servers error log...I had a read through and noticed part of the path was missing when including phpBB's files, which got me to thinking about the 'path to forum' variable.

Now, my forum is in the 'forum' folder, and that is what I had it set at. HOWEVER, Joomla is not at the root of the server (locally 127.0.0.1), but in a subfolder called joomla, making the path to joomla as http://127.0.0.1/joomla.

Once I changed the path to the forum to joomla/forum (instead of just forum) it all worked fine!

Not sure if it specifically says anyway (I didn't see anything, but it is late!), but might be a good idea to have a note saying that the forum path should be from the main site address, and not necessarily from joomla install path.
For example, if you had joomla installed at www.mydomain.com/cms then the path to forum folder would be cms/forum and not just forum.

I guess this may seem obvious to some, but has had my head in tatters for days!! :lol:

Thanks for all your help Greg btw...appreciated...and great plug-in - is going to make my conversion from my full phpBB ran site at www.teessideonline.net to my joomla powered site at www.teessideonline.net/new (new/forum as the forum path:lol: ) sooooo much easier. All I have to do is find an easy way of getting all the extra user information transferred over, plus all their photos! :ohmy: :lol:

Hope this all makes sense!!

Paul

Post edited by: Teessider, at: 2006/03/22 01:25

Moderators: beatnantkrileon