Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 6 months ago #8743 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Tessider,

Great to hear... if the photos are the avatars then the plugin should transfer them... maybe 1.0.3 will do a more thorough job... so don't drop them until that comes out...

1.0.3 also has other options for referenceing the forum path... should be more straight forward.. along with a realtime check of the path entered...

For your extra user information I would first setup CB to handle the extra data and or tabs... then you could easily copy the data by writing some simple scripts... At some point (after 1.0.3) we will get the phpBB settings into the "Edit your Profile" type of screen so it can be edited from CB...

1.0.3 should be a better release than 1.0.2... Cleaning up the code a bit and making sure any last minute code adds aren't needed... Some will be happy to note that last night I setup a IIS server on my Win XP setup so I will be peeking at what changes could benefit an IIS setup as well... hopefully those can make it into 1.0.3... along with a more complete README document.

Again Great to hear you got it working...

Enjoy,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Teessider
  • Teessider
18 years 6 months ago #8744 by Teessider
Replied by Teessider on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hiya Greg,
Thanks for all the help and sorry it turned out to be something so stupid. Just one of them things I guess - you always overlook the obvious!

As for the photo's - no unfortunately, its all in a phpBB hack called Smartors Gallery, so its a lot of handballing, but i'll probably do it all bit by bit after the launch.

The extra user info is another phpBB hack, and like you say, some scripts should transfer that. I also use Premiumsoft Navicat, which is great for transferring between databases and writing scripts etc.

Looking forward to 1.0.3...sounds great.

Now just gotta solve my other problem of CB not working with sIFR!!

Regards
Paul

www.Teessideonline.net - just completed a long term conversion plan to Joomla/CB - a big job!

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 6 months ago #8747 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Tessider,

No problem just glad to hear it works...

Yes Navicat is a great tool... Sounds like you have it under control...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

• custmguru
  • custmguru
18 years 6 months ago #8777 by custmguru
Replied by custmguru on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I have 10K+ members so I figured I'd need the limiter file.

However, I can't get the plugin control panel to even load now, even with the limited file. Is that a common problem with larger member bases? I was able to get 1000 or so members synced before it started crapping out on me...

Post edited by: custmguru, at: 2006/03/23 03:14

Post edited by: custmguru, at: 2006/03/23 17:30

18 years 6 months ago #8810 by
I don't know if you can help me or not. I would like to begin using Joomla with my current phpbb forum.

What is the best approach? Backup up my current phpbb database then delete everything, install Joomla, phpbb, Community Builder, and the phpbb connector, then restore the datatbase?

Please help. Thanks.

• Teessider
  • Teessider
18 years 6 months ago #8813 by Teessider
Replied by Teessider on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
If you forum is unstalled in a sub-directory (eg /forum/) within your web site, then you just will need to install joomla at root, install cb, and then install the plub-in.
Once you put the 'correct' path to your forum into the phpBBConnector variable, it'll all work fine and you'll be able to import all the users into Joomla/CB.

Do you have any phpBB hacks installed. See, mine has LOADS of hacks, many hard coded, so I am having to install a fresh copy of phpBB, and then import the data, but if yours is bog standard, you shouldn't even need to do that.

If your phpBB is in the root folder of your wespace, then you'll need to move it into a folder (/forum/) and install joomla at root instead, but its not a great deal of hassle.

But back-up everything, including the database before you start anyway!

Regards
Paul

www.Teessideonline.net - just completed a long term conversion plan to Joomla/CB - a big job!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon