Skip to Content Skip to Menu

phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 6 months ago #8954 by campersedge
Replied by campersedge on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I thought it was working, but it is not. The user does have a cb_phpbbid. What do you mean by "forum directory specificed correctly (pointing to extension.inc and common.php files"?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 6 months ago #8955 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
campersedge,

Go to the Community Builder - Plugin Management menu then click on phpbb connector... this should show you the parameters for the plugin... in there is a "forum directory" paramater... by default it will say "forum" which means the forum is in the www.yoursite.com/forum directory... if not located there then you need to modify the "forum directory" to be correct...

i.e.

"subdir1/subdir2/forum"

EQUALS

www.yoursite.com/subdir1/subdir2/forum

Also this should be readily apparent if you go to the control panel... if this opens up and shows you the stats of the users correctly then the forum directory is correct... if not correct if will error out like crazy (as it won't find the phpbb tables)

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 6 months ago #8956 by campersedge
That's what I thought. Everything seems to be correct there. It's kind of weird. I tried it again and it worked. Then I log out on the main screen but it doesn't log me out of the forum. Is there some sort of time delay before it re-syncs or something?

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 6 months ago #8958 by geeffland
I am assuming you are viewing the forum in a new window then log out of CB but the (unrefreshed) phpBB window still shows Log Out(user) near the top...

Keep in mind that the connector uses phpBB's own code to log in and out... but it does not force a refresh of every instance of phpBB... so until the screen gets refreshed it will "look" like you are logged in... refresh the screen or try anything else and it should change to "Log In" as you should already be logged out of the database (session) tables.

Is this what you are seeing?

Greg

• geeffland
  • geeffland
18 years 6 months ago #8959 by geeffland
I also noticed (assuming this is on your campers-edge website) that you have both the Joomla and CB login modules enabled... for the log in and log out to work you must use the CB login module... so if you are using the Joomla module that would explain the weird things happening... as CB and thus our plugin never know about logins or logouts from the Joomla login module...

Greg

18 years 6 months ago #8960 by campersedge
Yes, that is what I am seeing. It doesn't change if I refresh the page. If I back up all the way to the main page and then go back into the forum, it still doesn't change. If I close the browser, then reopen and go back to the site, then go to the forum it then shows that I am logged out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon