Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin - Friends Updates

• NateM
  • NateM
16 years 3 weeks ago #75560 by NateM
Replied by NateM on topic Re:(Solved) Friends Updates
Wait, it might be that the cache isn't working. It's working now, and it's great. I'm going to be looking at getting some of the other integrations going within the next couple of hours, or so. Great work!

(Any chance we could see this incorporated into CB by default? This is probably the single greatest plugin released for CB!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 3 weeks ago #75563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:(Solved) Friends Updates
Thanks. Glad you got it going.

It should work with all versions of CB, but have no idea. I only have 1.1.

That'd be cool if they did something like this for the core functions.

I thought about making the hacks into mambots, but realized it's just a bunch of extra work for something so simple as copy and pasting a couple lines of code.

Chances of someone downloading this and realizing they don't want it later down the road is pretty low. So I went the hack code approach.

Hopefully I wrote the instructions detailed enough for everyone.

If I think of anything else to add I'll add it and release the new version, but as it stands v2 looks to be final.

I've added all the params to control pretty much all the functions of the plugin as well. So shaping to your site should be a cakewalk.

BTW the tab only shows up for your profile in your profile.

So to see your friends updates. Go to your profile and you'll see a Friends Updates tab. Only you can see this. Each user has one.

Remember it's designed to encourage users to visit profiles so it does not contain direct links to say a blog entry they make.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• NateM
  • NateM
16 years 3 weeks ago #75575 by NateM
Replied by NateM on topic Re:(Solved) Friends Updates
Any chance we could get an update of this to show when people create new connections/friends? I think that would be a pretty useful update.

• Davey C
  • Davey C
16 years 3 weeks ago #75586 by Davey C
Replied by Davey C on topic Re:(Solved) Friends Updates
Just wanted to say that this is a fantastic plugin. I got it working without and problems so far.

I really think it deserves its own page and forum. Great work and a very useful CB plugin

• krileon
  • krileon
16 years 3 weeks ago #75588 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:(Solved) Friends Updates
NateM wrote:

Any chance we could get an update of this to show when people create new connections/friends? I think that would be a pretty useful update.

This is actually already in place, but won't specifically say they have a new friend.

When you accept a friend it'll announce your profile updated.

I didn't include this as a separate update as to avoid spam.

You're welcome to look at the code and make the addition though, but there are no plans to add it.

Davey C wrote:

Just wanted to say that this is a fantastic plugin. I got it working without and problems so far.

I really think it deserves its own page and forum. Great work and a very useful CB plugin

Thanks. Glad you enjoy it. I've been keeping my eye on it and checking for any errors or problems, but I just can't find any. Version 2 appears to be completely stable. I spammed it and it cleared old entries perfectly fine.

The only issue is the entry clearing only triggers when the user visits their profile. I'm not sure if this will be a problem for some websites, but If anyone needs it I can provide the code that'll do the entry check and can be placed anywhere you want.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/09/26 13:34

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• mkalisz
  • mkalisz
16 years 3 weeks ago #75603 by mkalisz
Replied by mkalisz on topic Re:Friends Updates
Hello

I'cant see any instructions in zip file. Do you plan to publish hacks for other components?

"Detailed instructions are included on how to apply the hacks. Use wordpad so you can see the styling as it's setup to be much more easier to read."

Regards.

Post edited by: mkalisz, at: 2008/09/26 15:57

Moderators: beatnantkrileon