Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Plugin - Friends Updates

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 11 months ago #78578 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Friends Updates
You can add your own support to it. Just look at the instructions and take the basic code. Edit it a little. copy to the proper location where the file upload confirmation is triggered in zoom gallery and that's all there is to it.

I've redone the entire friends updates plugin though. So I won't be releasing future version unfortunately. Can see the new version live at my site (have to register and have a friend that triggered one of the updates).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beowolf
  • beowolf
15 years 10 months ago #82075 by beowolf
Replied by beowolf on topic Re:Friends Updates
Hi there. Thanks for a great plugin that work perfectly.
I have one question; this plugin supports Pony Galleri, bur I plan to upgrade to Joomgallery, which is the same but with some very good changes.
Do you have any idea where I should change the code in joomgallery.php? and to what?

Thanks!

-- b e o w o l f --

• krileon
  • krileon
15 years 10 months ago #82810 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Friends Updates
beowolf wrote:

Hi there. Thanks for a great plugin that work perfectly.
I have one question; this plugin supports Pony Galleri, bur I plan to upgrade to Joomgallery, which is the same but with some very good changes.
Do you have any idea where I should change the code in joomgallery.php? and to what?

Thanks!

JoomGallery Support Instructions:
[code:1]
::: JoomGallery :::
OPEN "\components\com_joomgallery\classes\upload.class.php"
FIND(248) "$catname = $this->Upload_DBQuery($query);"
ADD(249)
//FriendsUpdates
$query = "INSERT INTO #__comprofiler_plug_friendsupdates (time,name,nameid,text) VALUES ('"
.time()."','"
.mysql_real_escape_string('<a href=\"index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user='.$my->id.'\">'.$my->username.'</a>')."','"
.mysql_real_escape_string($my->id)."','"
.mysql_real_escape_string('added a new picture.')."')";
$database->setQuery($query);
if (!$database->query()) die($database->stderr(true));
//FriendsUpdatesEND
AFTER "$catname = $this->Upload_DBQuery($query);"
SAVE JoomGallery Support now enabled.

[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• beowolf
  • beowolf
15 years 10 months ago #82846 by beowolf
Replied by beowolf on topic Re:Friends Updates
Thanks a lot! You really saved my day!

-- b e o w o l f --

• ortiizz
  • ortiizz
15 years 9 months ago #85700 by ortiizz
Replied by ortiizz on topic Re:Friends Updates
Hi there,

Are there any known issues with 1.2 RC4 as it seems that the Tab is not showing up- no matter what I try...

And by the looks of it, (since I've not been able to try it out yet) this plugin is very promising- one more extra feature to fuel the community... :woohoo:

Thank you for your hard work and contribution- hopefully I can someday make use of it also! lol :)

• ortiizz
  • ortiizz
15 years 9 months ago #85701 by ortiizz
Replied by ortiizz on topic Re:Friends Updates
ortiizz wrote:

Hi there,

Are there any known issues with 1.2 RC4 as it seems that the Tab is not showing up- no matter what I try...

And by the looks of it, (since I've not been able to try it out yet) this plugin is very promising- one more extra feature to fuel the community... :woohoo:

Thank you for your hard work and contribution- hopefully I can someday make use of it also! lol :)

My bad... Srry... It works now- perfect...

At first I was under the impression that it will display all activity on the site, not just friends...

Thank you and well done!

Much appreciated!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon