Skip to Content Skip to Menu

user list empty

• nant
  • nant
9 years 10 months ago #254782 by nant
Replied by nant on topic user list empty

heyai wrote: Aloha,

Got the same or similar issue here.
Fresh install of latest Joomla and CB. User databases migrated from J1.5 and all background checks and tools are green. Default CB and Protostar template.

Default user list: j3.hey-ai.com/search/userlist
User lists work for logged in users, but show blank (clickable) results publicly.

Profile View is set to Registered. However when I change profiles to be Public, lists are still blank. When I click on a blank result I get forwarded to the corresponding profile, which is not displayed and no error message (e.g. You are not authorized to view this page!) is displayed.
What else I tried: disabled all CB plugins, disabled all Joomla modules and plugins besides CB, disabled Joomla SEF, set profiles to Public again, and turned on Debug. Same on several popular browsers.

Please let me know what else to look for. PM for access.

Please start new support thread in the Professional forums for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• heyai
  • heyai
9 years 10 months ago #254789 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic user list empty

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

• eagle145
  • eagle145
9 years 10 months ago #255079 by eagle145
Replied by eagle145 on topic user list empty
Just got back from short vacay & saw some new posts on this thread so decided to have another go at it.

When Nant first mentioned Tabs I checked them individually and all were set to "Public" access level, so figured that could not be problem.

However, tonight I happened to notice that in the list view of Tabs, the Access Level appeared blank on some items, including Contact Info. I went into it and it was set to "public" as I had seen earlier. I changed it to Registered, saved, than back to Public and saved, and after that "Public" appeared in the Access Level column in list view and the names are now appearing in the list. Yeah!

Thanks for your help Nant and also the additional input from heyai.

• bascherz
  • bascherz
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #255387 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic user list empty
I've just migrated a 1.5 with CB 1.9.1 site to 3.3 with CB 2.0.4 and am having a similar issue. However, in my case none of the user lists I create show anything at all (0 members). I know it's not a permissions issue because I can enter the very same search criteria in the front end as I've configured the list with in the back end (e.g., Email contains @) and it will work if I filter on the front end. The interesting thing is that the back end constraint does appear to be getting honored. For instance, I have one list that filters on c.`cb_position`='Board Officer' and in the front end search filter if I search for Email contains @ I only get the folks who are a Board Officer.

I find this behavior extremely confusing. I am 100% certain I have these lists set up correctly since in the case I mentioned there is a filter being applied along with the front end search criteria. I also know it's not permissions as I said earlier. So what is it?

Unfortunately, I can't provide access to the site because I am developing it offline in a VM. But I am at my wit's end trying to figure out what to do. User lists are a key feature of CB. And even though I've been a HUGE CB advocate (and plugin developer) for many years, if I can't get this working I won't use it on my 3.3 site.

Any help from ANYBODY would be greatly appreciated. I can provide screenshots on request.

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Bruce S - Vienna, VA
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bascherz.

• heyai
  • heyai
9 years 10 months ago #255426 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic user list empty
bascherz, can you post the user list settings or screenshots of it?
When I recently migrated I had the same problem and it turned out that I had missed the new (?) setting where you have to chose the user groups displayed. (Not saying you're as blind as I am ;-) ).

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

• bascherz
  • bascherz
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #255427 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic user list empty
Thanks, heyai. I uploaded the attachment to my last post that I think you're referring to. If you need see more settings let me know and I'll attach those too.

I failed to mention that the front end search criteria collapse feature isn't working either, though that's less critical.

Bruce S - Vienna, VA
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by bascherz.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon