Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#1847] Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments

• hkymre
  • hkymre
14 years 6 months ago #130192 by hkymre
Hi,
I'm pretty sure the answers are all yes but I'd like confirmation that cbsubs can handle the following:-

Weekly or monthly subscription plan for a club lottery.

Reduce rates for club members on product sales

Cheers

Mark

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/12 15:36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #130227 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments

Weekly or monthly subscription plan for a club lottery.

CBSubs certainly supports weekly or monthly and much more subscription durations. I do not know how you intent to implement into your "Club Lottery", but there should be an integration available whether through queries (CBSubs SQL Actions) or executing a code file (CBSubs Code).

Reduce rates for club members on product sales

Currently CBSubs does not offer a coupon system, but is planned. However you could have duplicates of your plans, but with a lower price that you can provide to specific users via the plans URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• hkymre
  • hkymre
14 years 6 months ago #130276 by hkymre
Thanks Kyle,

Still thinking about the possibilties:-

The site is a football club supporters association.
Currently anyone can sign up to the site, not just association members.

So I'm thinking of a basic free plan and a paid plan for association membership.

As you suggested duplicate plans for the membership should enable discounts to be offered so that's another box ticked.

THe lottery idea is in its infancy at the momemnt but whatever is chosen it seems cbsubs can handle.

All being should be looking to purchase in the new few weeks.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 6 months ago #130458 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments
Great! Please let us know if you have any issues with your purchase. I HIGHLY recommend reviewing the CBSubs documentation before adventuring into installing and customizing it. CBSubs IS a very complex plugin and can be overwhelming at times.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #133308 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Memberships, Donations | Coupons Discounts etc.
Since coupons or discounts were mentioned here... i have almost a similar pre-sale question. My background is a club/association membership. In most real-world cases you have different membership rates... there might be full-members, sponsors, donators, and very important: some discounted memberships.

As far as i understand, there is no discount feature or related sub-plans in cbsubs, right? It is very crucial to have full-priced subscriptions AND discounted ones... for pupils, trainees, unemployed people etc.

How would you set this up in v1.0.3?
A plan duplication seems to be a really poor solution, IMHO. That is too much maintenance work on changes and the overloaded frontend has too many plan choices for the enduser.

When do you offer a coupon or discount solution?
Do you plan something like sub- or related plans?
Maybe a plan-instance would be suitable as well – all parameters are inherited by the copy, except the price, or particular parameters...

Thanks for listening.

Post edited by: pepperstreet, at: 2010/05/18 02:14

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 5 months ago #133363 by krileon

As far as i understand, there is no discount feature or related sub-plans in cbsubs, right?

Correct.

How would you set this up in v1.0.3?

You can't. The feature does not currently exist.

When do you offer a coupon or discount solution?

You would need to duplicate your plans, adjust their price and/or duration then provide the user with the URL to the plan or activate their subscription manually.

Do you plan something like sub- or related plans?

Sorry, I don't know the plans for implementation. I do believe will be a separate perhaps icon within CBSubs. As the feature does not exist yet we can't provide details of its usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon