Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#1847] Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #168008 by nant

toddfletcher wrote: BUMP:

I still have an issue.... Here's the second half of my last post...

My final message only appears in the Promotion Settings Page. I get "Warning: promotion not enabled globablly." I think I caught everywhere I need to enable and activate the modules and such.. but apparently I am missing something. Any hints?

CBSubs -> Settings -> Promotions tab:

Promotions enabled: should be set to 'Yes'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
13 years 3 months ago #168228 by beat
Thanks for asking, the message will be clearer in next CBSubs version as:

"Warning: promotions not enabled globally in CBSubs - Settings - Promotions tab"

using the principle that a good error or warning message should contain the solution ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• Phleum
  • Phleum
13 years 3 months ago #169046 by Phleum
To get back to an earlier part of this thread... It looks like the CBSubs 1.2 meets the coupon needs identified in he original post. I'm very excited. I'm about ready to go dabbling, but wanted to run something by you all.

I need to set up a scenario where we have organizational memberships and individual memberships. Org memberships are entitled to have 4 individual memberships. My proposed solution is this:

Encourage organizations to register first. During that registration, use SQL Actions to create 4 unique promotions by inserting them directly into whatever table that is. Somehow include the 4 new codes in the email confirmation to the org, and maybe add them to a custom CB field in the org's profile for safe keeping. When individuals register, they can use the promo code to discount their membership 100%.

Does this sound reasonable, or an I over-complicating things? Or is there some reason this might not work?

13 years 2 months ago #170579 by The Donald
Replied by The Donald on topic Re:Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments
I am also in a situation where I would like a corporate membership where the membership allows for a certain number of users to register for free, but I am not clear on how to implement this.

So by way of example:

Company XYZ pays $100 for a membership on the site and is entitled to have 10 members register at no charge. Upon payment by Company XYZ, the company receives either a coupon code or 10 unique coupon codes that they can then distribute to the employees they wish to have register.
I would think this would be a pretty common use of the promotions piece of CBSubs. perhaps a use case could be set up?

Thanks!
-Donald

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #170580 by The Donald
Replied by The Donald on topic Re:Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments
"Warning: promotion not enabled globally."

I also ran into this issue and in my case Promotions was already enabled. To resolve it, I set it to no and applied, then reset it to yes and applied. This cleared the issue and everything works great!.

-Donald
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by The Donald.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon