Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#1847] Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments

• JoomIM
  • JoomIM
14 years 3 months ago #137504 by JoomIM
Hi,

I am also looking for a coupon system for promotional purposes. The workaround mentioned does work for me, successfully, but a better way of handling coupons would be great.

Perhaps the following could be considered for future development.

Ability to have several coupon types:
- single use (one off) - with the ability to generate a specified number of coupons at once (ie: press a button and generate say 15 or 83 unique coupon codes at once)
- multiple use but time limited
- multiple use not time limited
- multiple limited use (ie: same coupon valid for first 100 purchases)

Ability to have several coupon values
- %percentage
- $value fixed
- product or service coupon (ie: coupon valid for 'one unit' regardless of the value of the item or the total cart value)
- dependant on the purchase of 1 or more other products (coupon only valid where purchase of 'x' items, or a specific total cart value)

Ability to have several coupon configurations
- numbers and/or text
- ability to limit coupon use to one/several/all products (ie: coupon not valid for all types of purchases)
- ability to allow/exclude the use of multiple vouchers for the same purchase

It should be possible to have multiple implementations of various combinations at the same time. For instance, I may have a seasonal 10% discount running at the same time as having a $5 discount.

It is also important to be able to generate statistics/reports/analytics on the use (redemption) of these coupons.

Just my 2 cents worth ;)

Love CB, keep up the great work!

Post edited by: JoomIM, at: 2010/07/11 11:28

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
14 years 3 months ago #137552 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments
Your requests will certainly be taken into consideration. At this time the coupon system is rather at the discussion stage and not in development. We will be further keeping track of such requests when time permits for development to focus on such a feature. For time being have added a feature ticket to our system for this thread concerning coupons system.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Phleum
  • Phleum
13 years 9 months ago #150673 by Phleum

krileon wrote: We will be further keeping track of such requests when time permits for development to focus on such a feature.

Here's another vote for a coupon system, if you are keeping score...

13 years 4 months ago #167018 by toddfletcher
Replied by toddfletcher on topic Re:Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments
Here's another bump for Coupon Codes. That would be a big deal for our site! (using CBSubs now).

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #167023 by nant

toddfletcher wrote: Here's another bump for Coupon Codes. That would be a big deal for our site! (using CBSubs now).

Smart Promotion plugin will be available in CBSubs 1.2 (close to release).

It is much much more than just a coupon system.

Suggest you have your maintenance period up to date to be able to install it with your existing license.

• Niamh69
  • Niamh69
13 years 4 months ago #167039 by Niamh69
Replied by Niamh69 on topic Re:Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments
Just wondering when your expecting CBSubs 1.2 to release? As this is the part I'm really looking for when I subscribed a week ago.

I know you wrote soon but what can I say, I'm impatient. As this is the part that is holding me back from making my website live.

Cheers!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon