Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[#1847] Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #167045 by nant

Niamh69 wrote: Just wondering when your expecting CBSubs 1.2 to release? As this is the part I'm really looking for when I subscribed a week ago.

I know you wrote soon but what can I say, I'm impatient. As this is the part that is holding me back from making my website live.

Cheers!

Very soon ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #167193 by toddfletcher
Replied by toddfletcher on topic Re:Memberships, Donations and adhoc payments
I don't want to beat a dead horse, since I've now read many posts with similar misunderstanding about how this all works, but here's my take on the confusion...

I have installed the updates to 1.4 for CB and 1.2 CBSubs. I purchased a license upgrade/extension and an extension to the CB Advanced Membership. I guess the maintenance period ended two weeks ago.

I get the following error on my CBSubs: A problem has been detected with your CBSubs license: Your maintenance period has expired on 2 June 2011. Click here to extend your maintenance period.

Did I buy the right thing? From the message it claims that I need to simply extend my maintenance period. Yet, I read places that since my maintenance period expired I have to purchase a whole new license? If that is what needs to happen, what do I get for purchasing the license upgrade/extension and extension to the CB Advanced Membership I just did yesterday? It would seem odd if the system allows me to purchase something that is not valid.. i.e. an extension to a maintenance period for a product that can't be extended once expired.

Thanks in advance,
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by toddfletcher.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 4 months ago #167221 by nant

toddfletcher wrote: I don't want to beat a dead horse, since I've now read many posts with similar misunderstanding about how this all works, but here's my take on the confusion...

I have installed the updates to 1.4 for CB and 1.2 CBSubs. I purchased a license upgrade/extension and an extension to the CB Advanced Membership. I guess the maintenance period ended two weeks ago.

I get the following error on my CBSubs: A problem has been detected with your CBSubs license: Your maintenance period has expired on 2 June 2011. Click here to extend your maintenance period.

Did I buy the right thing? From the message it claims that I need to simply extend my maintenance period. Yet, I read places that since my maintenance period expired I have to purchase a whole new license? If that is what needs to happen, what do I get for purchasing the license upgrade/extension and extension to the CB Advanced Membership I just did yesterday? It would seem odd if the system allows me to purchase something that is not valid.. i.e. an extension to a maintenance period for a product that can't be extended once expired.

Thanks in advance,

I see you have a license with following specifics:

Maximum number of Users: 15000
Maximum number of Sites: 1
Maintenance period: 2 years
License started on: 2009-06-02
License valid until: unlimited
Maintenance expires on: 2011-06-02

Looks like you purchased a single extra year to bring maintenance expiration period from 2010-06-02 to 2011-06-02. You need to increase for one more year.

13 years 4 months ago #167241 by toddfletcher

I see you have a license with following specifics:

Maximum number of Users: 15000
Maximum number of Sites: 1
Maintenance period: 2 years
License started on: 2009-06-02
License valid until: unlimited
Maintenance expires on: 2011-06-02

Looks like you purchased a single extra year to bring maintenance expiration period from 2010-06-02 to 2011-06-02. You need to increase for one more year.

I like the sounds of your reply. However when I tried to upgrade by clicking on "Upgrade Options Now" button, it only returns "No Option changed, no upgrade needed."

I do see that the period if from 2009-06-02 to 2011-06-02.

Perhaps the in an alterdate location for extending this period?

Thanks again!

13 years 4 months ago #167242 by toddfletcher
Scratch that. I figured out that I needed to choose +2 years from the drop down instead of +1. Hopefully this trail with help another.

So the message in my CBSubs has been removed (yay!)...

My final message only appears in the Promotion Settings Page. I get "Warning: promotion not enabled globablly." I think I caught everywhere I need to enable and activate the modules and such.. but apparently I am missing something. Any hints?

13 years 3 months ago #168005 by toddfletcher
BUMP:

I still have an issue.... Here's the second half of my last post...

My final message only appears in the Promotion Settings Page. I get "Warning: promotion not enabled globablly." I think I caught everywhere I need to enable and activate the modules and such.. but apparently I am missing something. Any hints?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon