Skip to Content Skip to Menu

presale questions

• richirich
  • richirich
13 years 7 months ago #154957 by richirich
presale questions was created by richirich
> > Hello,
> > i am interested in buying the cbsubs component but i have important questions
> i want to learn about ASAP please:
> > 1-i have to setup about 5 different membership signup pages, where each of those
> pages will have many radio buttons for the various types of memberhsips within
> that membership (ex: Lower Hudson government - lover hudson individuale -)
> > does your component support that?
> >
> > 2-i have about 400 members in csv format, is there a way to import all those
> and is there a mapping methode to the import ?
> >
> > 3-is there a cron job command that could be setup so renewals reminder will be
> sent automatically?
> >
> > 4-can i enable pay by check and authorize on same screen?
> >
> > 5-can i set the memberships to rolling, fixed etc?
> >
> > 6-can i set up multiple profiles for different membership pages?
> >
> > 7-IS THE A BACK END DEMO I CAN TEST OUT?
> >

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 7 months ago #154966 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: presale questions

richirich wrote: > > Hello,
i am interested in buying the cbsubs component but i have important questions
i want to learn about ASAP please:

Will address each question below ...

1-i have to setup about 5 different membership signup pages, where each of those
pages will have many radio buttons for the various types of memberhsips within
that membership (ex: Lower Hudson government - lover hudson individuale -)
does your component support that?

Yes, CBSubs plan URLs can be used to display registration fields adjusted to specific plan. You can also hide CB fields on registration form depending on plan shown.

2-i have about 400 members in csv format, is there a way to import all those
and is there a mapping methode to the import ?

If these members are already joomla users, then the CBSubs Import functionality can be used to assign them to initial plans.
If not they will need to be imported first as Joomla/CB users - see CB Juice fir this.

3-is there a cron job command that could be setup so renewals reminder will be
sent automatically?

There are no automated renewal reminder messages at the moment. Only expiration messages.

4-can i enable pay by check and authorize on same screen?

Yes, both offline and authorize.net payments options can coexist.

5-can i set the memberships to rolling, fixed etc?

If by rolling you mean auto-recurring, then yes (but payment gateway must support it also).

6-can i set up multiple profiles for different membership pages?

With CBSubs tab/field protection integration plugin you can give or hide tabs/fields against specific subscription plans.

7-IS THE A BACK END DEMO I CAN TEST OUT?

No backend demo. 30-day no questions asked refund policy for first time purchasers.

• richirich
  • richirich
13 years 7 months ago #155038 by richirich
Replied by richirich on topic Re: presale questions
thank you for your response,
so for multiple option per membership, can each option be a different price. so the structure is as follow:
membership1 : ny chapter (national option (150) government (50) individual (75) )
membership2 : corporate (500$)
membership3 : li chapter (national option (150) government (50) individual (75) )

each one of those will be on its own page linked from a menu in joomla!?
is that doable with cbsubs?

2-so for the expiration automation, will the user get an automated message before their plan expires? with a cron job maybe?

3-when i said by fixed is you can buy membership in march, but the fixed date is still dec 31 so it will be set from Jan1-->dec31
while rolling is if you buy it in september then you will renew in september the year after.!

4-will the user have the option to edit his profile fields he filled up to become a member?? and can the admin get a notifications when that happens?

thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #155080 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: presale questions

so for multiple option per membership, can each option be a different price. so the structure is as follow:
membership1 : ny chapter (national option (150) government (50) individual (75) )
membership2 : corporate (500$)
membership3 : li chapter (national option (150) government (50) individual (75) )

each one of those will be on its own page linked from a menu in joomla!?
is that doable with cbsubs?

In order to have options for Plans you'd need to make those options Child Plans of a Parent Plan such as the following.

Plan 1
- Plan 1a (option 1)
- Plan 1b (option 2)
- Plan 1c (option 3)

These plans can have their own page by using the plan URL found when editing the plan. If user is logged in it'll display that plan only and its description pre-selected for purchase. If user is not logged in it will present the same, but with registration form. Please note you must include the parent in the URL for the URL to function such as &plans=1-2.

2-so for the expiration automation, will the user get an automated message before their plan expires? with a cron job maybe?

The user will receive an expiration email exactly when their subscription expires. They will not receive it in advance. We plan to implement emails in advance with a later release.

A user has provided a CRON method to send an email in advance however, please search for usage.

3-when i said by fixed is you can buy membership in march, but the fixed date is still dec 31 so it will be set from Jan1-->dec31
while rolling is if you buy it in september then you will renew in september the year after.!

Custom durations are not currently supported, but we do support "This calendar year" for example that will always end at the end of the year regardless of when subscribed. For something more specific you'd need to do database queries with CBSubs SQL Actions to alter the users subscription.

4-will the user have the option to edit his profile fields he filled up to become a member??

Yes, user is free to edit the fields assuming are not Read Only and not protected by other means (CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection for instance).

and can the admin get a notifications when that happens?

Yes, using professional subscriber incubator project CB Emails this can be done; which now supports conditional based on field value so could easily check if a field has changed after profile edit trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• richirich
  • richirich
13 years 7 months ago #155163 by richirich
Replied by richirich on topic Re: presale questions
thanks,
so for the plans if i create the main plan and child plans, then i will see description then the radio buttons of all the child plans, all on 1 page correct?

as for importing users, i have them all as joomla users but the membership requires more fields to be used and i already know the type of membership they have. so will i be able to import them along with the extra fields and the type of memberships right a way or i have to configure those extra one by one?

anyway i can get any admin demo? that will answer all my questions! i have my test site setup maybe you have a demo version or maybe i can try it then buy it!? $200 is a lot of money to shell out without trying back end!

thanks

• nant
  • nant
13 years 7 months ago #155164 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: presale questions

richirich wrote: thanks,
so for the plans if i create the main plan and child plans, then i will see description then the radio buttons of all the child plans, all on 1 page correct?

as for importing users, i have them all as joomla users but the membership requires more fields to be used and i already know the type of membership they have. so will i be able to import them along with the extra fields and the type of memberships right a way or i have to configure those extra one by one?

You would need to use CB Juice or some database importing to set field values.

CBSubs has an import function to mass assign existing users to plans.

anyway i can get any admin demo? that will answer all my questions! i have my test site setup maybe you have a demo version or maybe i can try it then buy it!? $200 is a lot of money to shell out without trying back end!

thanks

No admin demo exists - instead there is a 30 day no questions asked refund policy (for first time buyers).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon