Skip to Content Skip to Menu

presale questions

• nant
  • nant
13 years 7 months ago #155696 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: presale questions

richirich wrote: Anyone can help! we have to move on and awaiting help on the above?
1- edit membership expiration date for a particular user after he signs up, from the admin-->community builder--> users section, after he is registered!

I believe this is also mentioned in the manual ...
If a subscription exists, then find it in the CBSubs -> Subscriptions icon and click on the id of the subscription (last column). Then carefully edit what you need.

2-put text on top of a plan so the radio button comes under a text we insert on top. Maybe embeding into an article

Not sure about article - you can probably play with css or add a delimiter field.
Actually you can use the plan url in an article if you want also.

3-where to hide some of the invoicing fields? can seem to keep only the ones i want!

thanks

Not sure - which ones do you think you do not need?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• richirich
  • richirich
13 years 7 months ago #155901 by richirich
Replied by richirich on topic Re: presale questions
Great thank you,
i want to hide the country, VAT for example!

also i cant find a way to export users and memberships to a csv. the manual does not mention anything about that and the cbsugar does not export membership name/dates but only the extra fields !
is there another component that does that?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #156035 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: presale questions

i want to hide the country, VAT for example!

You can hide with CSS or edit the XMl file to remove them at the following location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/xml/edit.front.invoice.xml

also i cant find a way to export users and memberships to a csv.

We've no export feature and has never been stated anywhere that we do. To export users you can use a 3rd party extension called CB Juice, but as far as I am aware it will not obtain any subscription information. To export subscription information you'll need to do a database query and export the results directly from your database.

the cbsugar does not export membership name/dates but only the extra fields !

We didn't develop CB Sugar, please contact the developer for assistance. It's possible for them to extend it to support CBSubs by making an extra call to the CBSubs database (if it exists of course).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• richirich
  • richirich
13 years 7 months ago #156680 by richirich
i purchased the software and it worked like harm so far.
i want to buy it for another website but i have important questions:

1-you said the only messages that are sent to users are expirations and not renewal reminders. how are those emails triggered?

2-lets say i configure a member with a recurrent monthly of 30$ upon the first signup authorize will recognize that payment as reccurrent correct!? now at the beginning of each month, authorize will automatically reissue the reccurent payment! and cbsubs automatically renews the membership?

3- based on point 2, if the cc xpired and authorize could not process the reccurent payment, how will cbsubs know that? is it gonna automatically renew the membership anyways? you mentionned that cbsubs and AUTH communicate but at what intervals?

4-in a nutshell i want cbsubs to handle automatic cc memberships monthly, where the client and our admin will be notified in success or failure! is that doable?
thanks

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 7 months ago #156813 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: presale questions

1-you said the only messages that are sent to users are expirations and not renewal reminders. how are those emails triggered?

Expiration emails are sent when the users subscription expires. They are not sent in advance. We currently don't have such a feature implemented to send reminders or anything of the sort, sorry.

2-lets say i configure a member with a recurrent monthly of 30$ upon the first signup authorize will recognize that payment as reccurrent correct!? now at the beginning of each month, authorize will automatically reissue the reccurent payment! and cbsubs automatically renews the membership?

Yes, this is how recurring payments work. Both Authorize.net and Paypal support recurring payments. I've not tested 2Checkout or Ogone for such usage.

3- based on point 2, if the cc xpired and authorize could not process the reccurent payment, how will cbsubs know that? is it gonna automatically renew the membership anyways? you mentionned that cbsubs and AUTH communicate but at what intervals?

If a credit card is expired then when the gateway attempts to charge the user and it fails the notification will be sent to CBSubs and the user will be expired (assuming the end of their subscription was reached).

4-in a nutshell i want cbsubs to handle automatic cc memberships monthly, where the client and our admin will be notified in success or failure! is that doable?
thanks

Yes of course. If you need to receive emails simply add your email address to the CC field on the emails on the Presentation tab and you'd receive an exact copy of what the user would see or use CBSubs Emails to send custom emails to your self based off CBSubs actions such as renewal, expiration, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• richirich
  • richirich
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #156853 by richirich
thank you,
my question was how does checking expiration date of a membership work if there is no cron job? there must be some command that checks against dates then update the status accordingly!

as for the CC, how are they saved on Authorize? will they be saved the first time the user checks out on the site? then every time thereafter to edit the cc info we need to login to authorize to do it?

last is this option on cbsubs settings:
Mass expire subscriptions method
not sure what is that used for!

I am a developer and i will buying your component very often, especially that we are learning the tweaks and edits of this software! Is there a discount you would kindly give me in this case? i want to buy the license for another site but i wish i could get a break!

thanks
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by richirich.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon