Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB Subs Registration and Profile

• raniko
  • raniko
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #178120 by raniko
Hello. In an effort to alter the registration process (add tabs or page, conditions etc) and profile appearance I am experimenting with CB Profile pro. I am running into an issue with having my subscription options appear on the registration page. The last thing I want is to have people register and then be assigned to a plan... My questions are:

Are there fields that are generated for each plan that is created that I can have users select from? I would manually add these to each specific user registration page.

OR

Is there a way to tie a plan to a "trigger" field that I have users fill out on my registration form.

1 more... Does anyone happen to know whether the conditions/privacy/field-tab protections used in conjunction w/ CB Subs still work if you use CB Profile Pro?

Many thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #178126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Subs Registration and Profile
I have no comment regarding CB Profile Pro as we're not its developer nor do we support it as it alters the registration display. However, regarding CBSubs you need to edit your plans and display them from displaying on registration on the Workflows tab if you do not want subscriptions during registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by krileon.

• raniko
  • raniko
13 years 3 weeks ago #178130 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: CB Subs Registration and Profile
My problem is that I do want the plans to be selected at registration, but it needs to be done in a non standard way. Ie, by adding specific fields that can be tied back to the plans to trigger them into working. If there is a method by which I can create a field (or use an existing field) to have the plan triggered without actually having the plan show on the registration, that would be helpful. Not sure if that is possible?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 3 weeks ago #178134 by krileon
You're wanting to give a user a plan during registration without it being on registration? No, there's no such feature for this that I am aware, sorry. Users would be given the default hidden free lifetime plan, which can't be customized at this time (a feature ticket is already pending for this though).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• raniko
  • raniko
13 years 3 weeks ago #178140 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: CB Subs Registration and Profile
Ya, I know sounds odd. The extension I'm using strips the plans from the registration form, so I was hoping I could jury rig it with a field setting. Oh well. Thanks anyway. Any chance that CB Conditional is coming out with a new version that doesn't show empty tabs during registration and follows the rules set in CB Subs (what fields to show different plans)?

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 3 weeks ago #178172 by krileon

Any chance that CB Conditional is coming out with a new version that doesn't show empty tabs during registration and follows the rules set in CB Subs (what fields to show different plans)?

Yes, next release will be able to show/hide tabs dynamically and ensure empty tabs aren't shown if configured as such. Also looking to make step by step compatible with CBSubs field show/hiding.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon