Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Create second update profile button

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #299762 by Spiralmind
Create second update profile button was created by Spiralmind
Hello, how could I create a custom button that does the same thing as the update button in the profile edit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299783 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create second update profile button
Place the HTML for a submit button directly in a Custom HTML field. Believe that should work. You should be able to right click and inspect element on the current submit button and directly copy its HTML from your browsers developer console as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #299856 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Create second update profile button
Hello, this solution worked great.

I have another need for the gallery upload buttons. I tried copying the html but it seems to only work for the user I copied it from. Is there a way to link to the upload page or even a tab?

I need to link to somethings in the profile edit because they need to upload items in a gallery and you said that a gallery cannot be managed in the edit area. I am going to have old computer illiterate people using the site and need to send them there directly while filling in some of the application in profile edit.

Can this be done somehow?

Thank you

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299873 by krileon
That's a bit different. Galleries are generated on display and have a unique id per session. So just copying the button will not work here. You will not be able to move it around unless you modify the template files and are just moving it around within its tab already. Best I can suggest is create a Joomla menu item to it and then have a button that links to that menu item. To do this create a menu item with menutype Community Builder > Plugin then select CB Gallery for Plugin. Leaving everything default should send them to their profile gallery.

This does give me an idea on how I can improve the CB Gallery Bot to provide substitution usecases for linking to galleries though and added a feature ticket for that.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6908

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #299890 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Create second update profile button
Hello, default settings seem to send me to a page saying This gallery is currently empty.

I see an asset option, perhaps something should be entered in there?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299892 by krileon
Leave asset blank as it'll display the profile gallery of the user viewing the menu item. If you're editing another user then it'll be your gallery, not theirs.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon