Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Create second update profile button

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #299893 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Create second update profile button
I am logged in as a registered user on the frontend. I have photos in my gallery but opening this menu item says the gallery is empty.

I need to be able to upload and manage the gallery not just view it too.

Any idea what might be set wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299896 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create second update profile button
If you left everything as is then it'll inherit the profile gallery parameters. These are the parameters from the Gallery tab. So it'll be checking that for create access permissions. If you didn't override the globals in the Gallery tab then it'll use whatever you set globally within CB Gallery plugin parameters. My guess is you changed the upload permission as it's default Registered and should work out of the box.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #299897 by Spiralmind

My guess is you changed the upload permission as it's default Registered and should work out of the box.

Are you saying in the menu item or CB global settings. I did not change anything in the menu. I just added it like you said. Why is it empty if I have photos in my gallery?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299898 by krileon
Did you upload media to your profile gallery? The one directly under the Gallery tab? or did you use a custom gallery using the gallery fieldtype? If you used a fieldtype that menu item will not display those entries unless you specifically set the asset to match the field. The menu item with asset left empty will display the profile gallery the exact same as your Gallery tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #299899 by Spiralmind
It's the default gallery where I added photos.

That's a good point though, I have 2. The default and a new one. So the new one needs an asset field entry?

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #299921 by krileon
Asset determines location. Gallery fields, if left empty, default their Asset to profile.PROFILE_ID.field.FIELD_ID (e.g. profile.42.field.3). By default the Gallery tab displays the assets profile and uploads, which is just profile.42 and uploads when querying the database. This means it doesn't include the field entries as that's a different gallery. To include the field entries and the tab entries in your menu item set the asset to profile,uploads,profile.[user_id].field.FIELD_ID (you need to of course replace FIELD_ID with the id of the field). Wildcards are also supported so for example if you wanted all profile gallery entries you'd set asset to profile.%. This is explained in the Asset parameter description on how to utilize it.

Regarding your issue if you uploaded photos to the Gallery tab then your menu item should be displaying them. Note the menu item will be to your gallery. Not a user you maybe editing or viewing. Please PM backend super administrator login credentials if still not working and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon