Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Create second update profile button

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #299970 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Create second update profile button

I need to understand how to make the upload for the second gallery I made for documents? This is called:

Create a menu item to CB Gallery and match the fields parameters in the menu item. Next set the Asset to profile.[user_id].field.93. That should work fine.

Also, is there a way to add a title to the page? The Joomla setting doesn't seem to be working.

CB does not support those parameters unless they're handled directly in your Joomla template. You can either add extra HTML to the page using a Code action and Method set to HTML with an Output > Display of Return on the gallery_onBeforeDisplayGallery and gallery_onBeforeItemsNew triggers or you can modify the template files found below (not it is recommended to make a copy and not modify defaults as your changes will be lost to defaults on install).

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgallery/templates/default

The new upload / link page also uses the following language strings you can freely override and add more text as needed.

New Upload / Link
New Link
New Upload

You can also, and probably the easiest approach, just assign a Custom HTML module to your menu item and utilize Joomla module positions to place it wherever you want on the page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #299997 by Spiralmind
Replied by Spiralmind on topic Create second update profile button
Hello, back to this button again. I want a second button which is working in most places but not in a field that is conditioned. If the button is in any field when the page loads it's fine and works. However in a field that is shown by a condition the button has no text and is a little blue dot.

Any solution so I can add a dummy submit button. I know it's redundant but I need to spell this out for old people if possible. I changed the button text to save and continue so it would be nice to have a button that says submit application.

Code

Button in editor

Before I save it

After
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Spiralmind. Reason: ordering photos

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300003 by krileon
Don't understand why there is a checkbox next to it. What type of field are you trying to add this to? Suggest just using a Custom HTML field, which you can condition if necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300007 by Spiralmind
I tried that too. The checkbox signals us to review their application. I only added the button to this to see if it would work. It did the same then in a Custom HTML field. It doesn't show the text in the button until it's saved. Very odd.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 10 months ago #300010 by krileon
Ah, right that's the value resetting from CB Conditional. Change it to a button element and it won't do that. Example as follows.

Code:
<button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary cbProfileEditSubmit" id="cbbtneditsubmit" data-submit-text="Loading...">Update</button>

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spiralmind

• Spiralmind
  • Spiralmind
6 years 10 months ago #300016 by Spiralmind
You are the man! That's awesome, I'll put it back in a HTML field again so it's not by the checkbox.

Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon