Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SOLVED:When trying to enter in our 'cb activity' frontend box, nothing is saved.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301558 by fribse2011
We have a CB Activity module on our frontpage for our clubmembers.
This is instead of a forum, we're just using the CB Activity to have small discussions there.
It has worked some time ago, but I got a report that it doesn't work any longer.
Looking in the backend, I can see that we have no 'Asset' set, I've tried entering 'profile.17' (17 is our 'system' user).
That didn't change anything, nothing happens when I press enter.

With the new firefox, I've lost Firebug, so I'm a bit unsure how to find the debug info from previous.
I tried looking in Chrome, and I can see this message there:
Code:
?jjj=1517411461776:279 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).cbactivity is not a function at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (?jjj=1517411461776:279) at u (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=08e89fd6a24ecef7:1) at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=08e89fd6a24ecef7:1) at Function.ready (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=08e89fd6a24ecef7:1) at HTMLDocument.F (jquery-2.2.4.min.js?v=08e89fd6a24ecef7:1)

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by fribse2011.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301565 by krileon
Please ensure CB Activity and its module are both completely up to date. Have retested the module as working perfectly fine. It is not possible for the module to load without its jQuery since the jQuery is a part of the Activity class it self and is always loaded when a stream is. This was a possible issue only in older releases. If everything up to date please disable all caching (Joomla and 3rd party), purge the cache, then retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301589 by fribse2011
I'm fully updated. I found the Firefox developer edition, and in that, the Console reports:
Code:
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1 jquery-migrate.min.js:2:542 unreachable code after return statement[Learn More] moment.min.js:1:12384 Deprecation warning: moment.lang is deprecated. Use moment.locale instead. moment.min.js:1:6684 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version 1.4.1 jquery.migrate.min.js:1:102 TypeError: $(...).cbactivity is not a function[Learn More] www.dkdb.dk:288:1 unreachable code after return statement[Learn More]
Not much more info.

I can give you access to the site, it's only shown for clubmembers.

Best regards
Fribse

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by fribse2011.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301599 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and include URL to where this issue is present and will take a look. Not sure what could be blocking the jQuery from loading, but could be something altering the $ variable causing CB Activity jQuery to bind to the wrong jQuery instance and will need to review the headers to confirm is the case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago #301624 by fribse2011
Ok, thankyou. Will do.

I also noticed another problem, we'er using the 'comment' feature of CBActivity as well, and that doesn't save either, and 'regular' users don't have access to it at all (allthough the 'Global' setting is set to allow it in CB Activity plugin).

Best regards
Fribse

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301646 by krileon
On quick review it seams like cbjQuery global variable is being pointed to p() function instead of an instance of jQuery. I've no idea what's doing that. There's also the old <!-- --> workaround quotes around CBs jQuery still, which we've removed. Please ensure you've the latest CB build installed (download manually below) and once installed purge all cache then see if issue persists.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon