Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SOLVED:When trying to enter in our 'cb activity' frontend box, nothing is saved.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago #301660 by fribse2011
Ok, I've downloaded it, and reinstalled it, but I don't see any change in the saving, if I enter something, it doesn't save.
I do see the comment create and activity comment field appear now, but not an activity create on the frontend for non-superusers.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago #301662 by fribse2011
I just noticed, that pressing enter doesn't submit the comment, it just produces a new line, and there is no submit button?

Best regards
Fribse

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301699 by krileon

I just noticed, that pressing enter doesn't submit the comment, it just produces a new line,

Correct.

and there is no submit button?

Button should be bottom right and says "Post". If it's not there then you probably have CSS coming from somewhere hiding it. If you've overridden CB Activity template files then switch CB Activity back to default template and retry. See our demo site below on how it should look and behave by default.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago #301737 by fribse2011
I see, so the 'post button' only appears when I press inside the window, that sounds like a javascript error.
I've tried disabling all the modules, and I've tried using the beez3 tempalte, none of those changed anything.

Best regards
Fribse

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301741 by krileon

I see, so the 'post button' only appears when I press inside the window, that sounds like a javascript error.

Yes, you have to focus the textarea input for the textarea input to expand and all the buttons to be available. If that's not happening for you then you've a fatal JS error present breaking its JS. Press F12 to open your browsers developer console then select the Console tab and refresh the page. Next attempt to use CB Activity and see if any fatal JS errors are present in the console. This is almost always caused by a 3rd party Joomla template or JS compression extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301782 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. Second time I've seen this issue. Basically some reason CBs jQuery is breaking due to something reassigning cbjQuery variable. Not sure what's doing it, but the solution is to turn off CBs jQuery and utilize Joomlas. I've disabled CBs jQuery within CB > Configuration > Integrations and is working fine now.

Edit: I think I finally see what's causing it. Joomla loaded jQuery and Mootools at same time. Mootools appears to be what's replacing cbjQuery, but I've no idea why. Should be able to reproduce locally now and finally fix this once and for all.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon