Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SOLVED:When trying to enter in our 'cb activity' frontend box, nothing is saved.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago #301822 by fribse2011
Now I can create new posts, and comment on posts and articles as a CB Moderator.
But if I log in as a regular user, the fields are not shown at all.
Where is that controlled from? What permissions do I need to set, and do I need to enter something in the 'Asset' line of the 'Opslagstavlen' module (CB Activity Module).

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301828 by krileon

But if I log in as a regular user, the fields are not shown at all.

What fields? The text field to add a new comment or activity? Where? In your articles, module, profile, or all of them? Please, you need to be specific. They all have different parameters to control their behavior. For the most part everything by default should be controlled by the globals within CB Activity > Parameters unless changed. Article commenting is controlled by the parameters within CB Activity content plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301849 by fribse2011
Sorry, I'll try and be more specific.
The two images here are from the CB Activity Module that we are showing on our frontpage.
The idea is that it's a mini discussion area.
When I login in as me, being a CB Moderator, I see the entry fields:

But when I log in as the test user, I don't see them.

I suspect that the change in behaviour to the 'asset' usage has dropped the functionality we were using.

So that everything that the system posts automatically via auto actions is also posted to profile.17.
But I suspect that the regular users are not allowed to post to that?

So how do I solve that, or do we have to give up the function completely?

The idea is to have a stream showing there, were every member can post comments and questions, and when a birthday happens, or a user signs up, the auto action posts to the stream as well.
I know we've had several posts about this, and I know you've said that there currently isn't a 'system' account for that, but I thought we had found a way around it.

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by fribse2011.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301862 by krileon
Ok, you're outputting a specific users profile stream. Commenting by default for profile streams requires the viewing user to be connected to the profile. You can disable this under the Create tab/section for Activity > Comments by setting "Create Connected Access" to "Disable".

I'm not sure why you've set this to be a specific users profile stream though instead of just using a new asset (e.g. birthdays) or letting the stream be specific to that module (e.g. module.[module_id] asset).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago #301870 by fribse2011
It could be because I haven't found any examples or documentation for how to set this up?
And the activity plugin changed fundamentally some time ago.

So what you are saying is that I can create a specific 'asset' like module.[module_id] (is that a number or a placeholder?).
And then let the auto action post to that asset?
And then I can move all the current posts to that asset?

Best regards
Fribse

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #301873 by fribse2011
Ok, so I created a module.[module_id], I think I'll give it a fixed number, so it doesn't change if the module changes.
That seems to work. Well, almost.
Ok, I found a lot of the above settings, so I just set them all to the same, letting our members post to the module.
And how do I move the current entries to that asset?

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by fribse2011.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon