Skip to Content Skip to Menu

SOLVED:When trying to enter in our 'cb activity' frontend box, nothing is saved.

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301889 by krileon

It could be because I haven't found any examples or documentation for how to set this up?

Read the parameter descriptions carefully. The descriptions explain exactly what each do. I went into as great as detail as necessary for each. Especially the Asset parameter, which includes several examples.

So what you are saying is that I can create a specific 'asset' like module.[module_id] (is that a number or a placeholder?).
And then let the auto action post to that asset?
And then I can move all the current posts to that asset?

Please read the asset parameter description. Asset determines location. What stream you are storing the comment, activity, etc.. to. If it's profile.42 then you're storing to the profile of user 42. An activity stream with that asset will output all activity with an asset of profile.42 and will store new activity with an asset of profile.42.

Ok, so I created a module.[module_id], I think I'll give it a fixed number, so it doesn't change if the module changes.

You can use whatever asset you like. It doesn't have to be module.[module_id]. It can be more specific to the purpose of that stream. So for example if the purpose is birthday notices then I'd just set the asset to "birthdays".

And how do I move the current entries to that asset?

You can use the "Batch Tools" in CB Activity > Activity and mass change all their assets.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fribse2011
  • fribse2011
6 years 8 months ago #301893 by fribse2011
Ahh, og, so its actually just a free description, gotcha.
And the batch tools worked perfectly.
It's now called 'opslagstavlen' (bulletinboard).

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

• krileon
  • krileon
6 years 8 months ago #301898 by krileon
You can also use multiple assets, but only the first asset will be used for storing new entries. Example as follows.

profile.42,profile.32

The above would display all activity from profile.42 and profile.32, but new activity created from that stream will store to profile.42 since it's the first asset supplied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon