Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to show all activity where one is tagged?

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 8 months ago #322989 by timstohr
Hi Kyle,
I wanted to show all activity where the user himself is tagged?

I thought I could do it by simply showing a module and then setting it to TAG but it seems not.

I had thought as asset activity.%.tag but how to tell it that it should only show the assets that have both the tag AND the own bit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323005 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to show all activity where one is tagged?
There isn't a way to do that at this time. Tagged activity is specific to an activity entry and not a user. This may change in a future release where the SQL can be made more efficient to better allow for this as it's currently limited to avoid the database dying due to the complexity of the queries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 8 months ago #323020 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to show all activity where one is tagged?
Hi that is unfortunate.

As a workaround, we could also show any activity in which a user has tagged a person. The activity asset that needs to be filtered is activity.%.tag but it should only show the ones where the user is also owner (ie self I am guessing).
I just have not got any idea how to make it filter by activity AND by self...

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323022 by krileon
The only way to do that is to use the Filter feature. You won't be able to do that with Asset alone. The below filter for example should work.

Filter: Tagged
Assets: activity.%.tag
Users: [displayed_user]

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 8 months ago #323026 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to show all activity where one is tagged?
Just as a thought... What about modifying the asset of the tag so that the tagged user is in there: (eg activity.%.tag.[self]) and then representing it on an activity module?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323028 by krileon
Any digit after the .tag is considered the ID of the tag object, but that's currently being ignored so I guess you could try that if you wanted. I've no idea if that'll work though. You would be using a non-standard asset though and you should prepare for it to be broken in a later release when asset is split up into a stream standard format as detailed below.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8009

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon