Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to show all activity where one is tagged?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323090 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to show all activity where one is tagged?
It's working a bit like it's supposed to since tagging a person needs to give access to the activity to the person whom was tagged. Same thing will happen on Facebook for example if you tag a user in a post or photo the access permission for it basically flips public unless you override it with a privacy setting. Need to think of how to best handle this as during the query process where activity is filtered out won't be an option. I think the best approach will be to display the activity, but turn off linking to the group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 8 months ago #323091 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to show all activity where one is tagged?
What about adding a restriction directly on activity?

Can we simply include the asset (var3_asset) into the activity ie make it [activity.[var3_id].[var3_asset].tag? That way the protection would kick in as the var3_asset can be groupjive.group.X, no?

I am personally using activity.%.tag and also activity.%.tag.[user_id] to show the tags that the viewing user has created.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323092 by krileon
Yeah, ideally the tag would be prefixed like CB Gallery activity in groups is. So something like the below.

groupjive.group.500148.activity.1032883.tag

That would allow for the access checks to apply, but it likely won't work at the moment. Will need to explore that option as well, thank you, as that's a great idea.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323093 by krileon
HAH! Just checked the above asset. I already accounted for prefixes in activity about activity. So the above already works. Will do some more testing and reviewing changing the asset of the system action to handle prefixing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323125 by krileon
Ok, latest CB GroupJive will at least stop linking to groups that can't be accessed. The asset change hasn't happened yet as that needs to happen in CB Auto Actions in the System Actions and need to workout how to best go about that. Likely will just be adding system actions specifically for GJ tagging, like, etc.. activity.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 8 months ago #323139 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to show all activity where one is tagged?
Hi Kyle,
I have gone ahead and made the auto action changes concerning groupjive asset for tags already. Just spotted another problem and that one has been bothering me quite a bit.
As you know, the activity stream on groups shows everything that has the asset groupjive.groups.[xyz]. Would it be possible to EXCLUDE some assets from showing up eg groupjive.groups.[xyz].activity.[activity_id].tag?

The reason is that it is now showing up twice. Once as the activity in which the tag has happened and once as the activity tag that has been produced because the activity has been tagged.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon