Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to show all activity where one is tagged?

• krileon
  • krileon
3 years 8 months ago #323147 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to show all activity where one is tagged?

Would it be possible to EXCLUDE some assets from showing up eg groupjive.groups.[xyz].activity.[activity_id].tag?

No, not at this time. An exclude parameter is planned for a future release.

The reason is that it is now showing up twice. Once as the activity in which the tag has happened and once as the activity tag that has been produced because the activity has been tagged.

It should group the activity together. Is this happening after your asset change or before it as well? If only after your change then that's to be expected as you changed the asset to something not officially supported or tested.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 8 months ago #323149 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to show all activity where one is tagged?
Grouping by asset worked like a charm.
I have set now the activity tag to: [var2_asset].activity.[var1_activity].tag.[var3_user_id]
Grouping by: [var2_asset]

I am using user ID at the end of the asset so that I can easily show an activity module by owner (as the immediate filter is not there yet).

I had completely forgotten about grouping.

• timstohr
  • timstohr
3 years 8 months ago #323156 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to show all activity where one is tagged?
Hi,
I correct myself. Grouping did not work, the site just did not output the second activity at all, never mind grouping... I tried grouping around groupjive.group.% but it did not work. It seems impossible without being able to exclude assets from the stream.

It was impossible to get the second activity out of the group so what I have decided instead is to disallow tagging on the main group stream and only tag over the group tasks.

I have now switched back to tag by simply using the asset activity.[var1_activity].tag.[var3_tag] and own.activity.[var1_activity].tag.[var3_user_id].

I am using now the user ID at the end of the asset to filter a stream showing all the activity that a person is tagged in and another stream with user ID to filter all activity in which a user has tagged someone.

That should solve the whole conundrum.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon