Skip to Content Skip to Menu

uddeim 1.7 installation problem

15 years 6 months ago #95341 by opalescent
Replied by opalescent on topic Re:uddeim 1.7 installation problem
I am having similar trouble with a new install. I unzipped the download folder, and when installing cb_plug_pms-uddeim, I get the following error message:

Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

Well, I'm looking at an XML file right there in the folder. I'm about to just give up on this, looking at this thread. I get this message in a matter of seconds after initiating the upload. It's NOT a time-out issue! This is tiny compared to other uploads that I've done in a snap.

If something needs to be altered in the XML file, what is that thing? I'm new at building a site, and I'd much rather deal with XML files as-is rather than messing about in the guts of them.

Thanks for any useful insight on how to deal with this issue. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 6 months ago #95358 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeim 1.7 installation problem
Have you read the FAQ found in the README folder? No, you really should.

Have you read "README packages.txt"? No? Why?

Shall I really quote again that "cb_" files are for the CB and have to be installed with the CB plugin installer?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

15 years 6 months ago #95364 by opalescent
Replied by opalescent on topic Re:uddeim 1.7 installation problem
I'll tangle with this some other time. For now, I've uninstalled the whole thing, as my site's not needing this particular package of goodies, I realize. However, I'll make a note to be more careful reading the relatively new language of installation procedures, as the mention of using a completely new-to-me installer seems an easy thing to miss when you're grappling with a steep learning curve. I didn't even realize there was a separate installer! Thanks for pointing that out.

Repetition of useful facts easily overlooked is quite helpful, actually. Thank you.;)

• ezrix
  • ezrix
15 years 5 months ago #96565 by ezrix
Replied by ezrix on topic Re:uddeim 1.7 installation problem

Important: You have not updated your database! Please refer to the README how to update uddeIM correctly!

i get this warning..how to fix it?do i need to update the database.this is my 1st installation..imnot upgrading from old version of uddleim.. :(

• slabbi
  • slabbi
15 years 5 months ago #96643 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeim 1.7 installation problem
It is NOT your first installation. Please check the README.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

• chomz
  • chomz
15 years 5 months ago #97049 by chomz
Replied by chomz on topic Re:uddeim 1.7 installation problem
:) hola

i've got the same problems as yours, when installing the 1.7 version. until this morning :laugh:

and i try my own way, maybe a bit risky coz it's my 1st time to handle Joomla and anything about websites, since i'm not a tech-lover :P
FYI, i use free hosting from 000webhost.com , When I failed to install uddeIM (dunno how many times :sick: )
i got this link via uddeIM download site and i read about installing it through temp folder.. i checked through FTP the temp folder and such a real frustating moments i had coz i only allowed to have max 6000 files and directories. oh ,my.. there's too many files scattered inside the temp folder, then I erased them all and upload the .zip packages of uddeIM.
still, it wont work installing through directory.
:woohoo: and i got an idea! i create a sub domain, move the packages into it. browse the subdomain from my browser, right-click - copy link of the package and paste it to URL mod installer at joomla admin, anddddddd voilaa :lol: :lol: :lol: now i have a private messaging system my site, hailpoetsociety.netne.net
thanks to "slabby" for this great feature, and i hope my tricks may help you :blush:

regards...
from a newbie :blush:

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon