Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Change default login redirect

• dmstevens
  • dmstevens
13 years 6 months ago #159771 by dmstevens
Change default login redirect was created by dmstevens
Hi,

I am wondering how I can change the default login url redirect on my Joomla 1.5.22 site.

On my site I have a restricted access area which has been setup using Community Builder.
Now what if someone tries to access that restricted area if they have the private url but don't have the login username and password, they are redirected to the default com_user login page, but this login page is different to the Community Builder login page, so logging on this default page does not work.

How do I change the url that a person is taken to if they try to access a restricted url without first logging into the site?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
13 years 6 months ago #159774 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Change default login redirect
Please search ... I believe that there is a redirect plugin on JED that handles this.

I recall seeing many similar forum posts which give the JED listing - sorry don't have it handy to give another similar answer.

• ddt
  • ddt
13 years 2 months ago #171494 by ddt
Replied by ddt on topic Re: Change default login redirect
Any further answers on this? I would like to edit this with out continually piling on plugins and components every time there is an issue.

Since CB sets registration independently with Joomla! And we set the global config to no, this should be automatic.. Any help would be appreciated. I need to have the default login redirect go to the CB log in.

13 years 2 months ago #172793 by spikesantee
Replied by spikesantee on topic Re: Change default login redirect
I use the plugin called Disable Core Registration.

• pdfx
  • pdfx
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #174212 by pdfx
Replied by pdfx on topic Re: Change default login redirect
I am looking to resolve this as well,

I have a couple of articles that are for registered users only, so when you click on a button i created to go to this article instead of going to CB register the default core comes into play.

I have just tried Core Login Redirect, which seems to work, but only directs to cb log in module not the register form, it shows link at the bottom but some people need to be shown the way so to speak. Also if you do log in you are redirected to home not the page i want the user to see.

Surely CB should carry such a code change in bundle?

Pd
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by pdfx.

• joshe
  • joshe
13 years 1 month ago #174543 by joshe
Replied by joshe on topic Re: Change default login redirect

spikesantee wrote: I use the plugin called Disable Core Registration.

Unfortunately, there's no 1.6 compatible version of the Disable Core Registration plugin, so I'm still stuck. But thanks for the suggestion. Any more?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon