Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Change default login redirect

• prospera
  • prospera
12 years 7 months ago #194833 by prospera
Replied by prospera on topic Re: Change default login redirect
I tried the default immediate redirect solution but it does not work. Are you guys providing a plugin?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ortomedia
  • ortomedia
12 years 7 months ago #194864 by ortomedia
Replied by ortomedia on topic Re: Change default login redirect
This "solution" won't work anyway as joomla only lets you redirect from expired URL's!

We need a solution to this urgently and I actually am really concerned that this hasn't been addressed before. I had have a client running a large website using CB and this is now an issue which they have discovered which looks really bad for developers.

A user simply trying to get back to a page after being logged out by typing in the URL or clicking a bookmark is taken to the default Joomla login which obviously won't work!! This makes CB absolutely unusable in a live site and as such a review needs posting on the JED to warn other users. Come on guys, please sort this asap.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 7 months ago #194868 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Change default login redirect
As stated above, we are already working on a final solution, now that the problem that previous solution doesn't work anymore and new proposed workaround solution doesn't work too, has been clarified, and your patience for a few more hours/days is welcome.

While this use-case is very important for your client and thus for you, it's not used on most sites. E.g. on this site we don't use that Joomla feature. So you cannot tell that "CB absolutely unusable in a live site", as this is simply not true: Otherwise CB wouldn't be used on over a million websites...

What is not welcome at all is menaces of bad reviews on JED, as this is unproductive for everyone, and just looses a lot of time of everyone on negative energy...

So thanks for your patience of a few days while we work on a new professionally-developed solution (yes, it's a shortly upcoming CB Team plugin).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• ortomedia
  • ortomedia
12 years 7 months ago #194870 by ortomedia
Replied by ortomedia on topic Re: Change default login redirect
Thanks for the quick response and I appreciate the hard work that you guys do on CB, but my main point is still valid. If you purchase CB and install it to the instructions provided then there is a serious issue which allows users (who should have a nice seamless experience on a website!) to end up seeing the default Joomla login box and not being able to log back in again. This is a bug which would stop me using the component on another live site until it is fixed so I though other users should be made aware of it too.

The JED is there for anyone to leave comments that they think will be helpful to other users before they part with their cash and I never use it as a threat as implied in your message. If I had seen a review that told me this before I purchased the professional version of CB, then I would't have gone ahead until a fix was issued!

Anyway, I look forward to the plugin and hope it works on CB 1.7.x too. I will be patient, just as long as my clients are!!

p.s. How then do you redirect users on here to the message 'Please log in or register to view or modify your profile.' if they try and access a secure page? I see the Joomla login box doesn't show? It would be very helpful to point this out to other users of CB?

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #194875 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Change default login redirect

Thanks for the quick response and I appreciate the hard work that you guys do on CB, but my main point is still valid. If you purchase CB and install it to the instructions provided then there is a serious issue which allows users (who should have a nice seamless experience on a website!) to end up seeing the default Joomla login box and not being able to log back in again. This is a bug which would stop me using the component on another live site until it is fixed so I though other users should be made aware of it too.

I've dropped all priorities (things that have been waiting months) to develop a plugin to satisfy your needs and the needs of a few others (Joomlas redirect component used to resolve this fine, but it now only redirects from 404s). I'll be doing final testing today and likely release today. Please be patient.

The JED is there for anyone to leave comments that they think will be helpful to other users before they part with their cash and I never use it as a threat as implied in your message. If I had seen a review that told me this before I purchased the professional version of CB, then I would't have gone ahead until a fix was issued!

The JED is a place to post legitimate reviews on an extension. It's not a place to post bugs or for venting frustration. We've also a pre-sales forums where you could've posted your issue before purchase. It's a bit unfair to give a bad review for example given 1 issue after all that is provided such as well over a dozen plugins, priority support, etc.. Of course with feedback we'd provide a solution to such an issue, but until now a solution wasn't needed from us. We're certainly open to feedback and suggests and there's no reason to plaster complains all over JED to get our attention, we're right here and listening.

p.s. How then do you redirect users on here to the message 'Please log in or register to view or modify your profile.' if they try and access a secure page? I see the Joomla login box doesn't show? It would be very helpful to point this out to other users of CB?

We've built in redirect into CBSubs. So when CBSubs is present and its Joomla plugin installed it will redirect away from Joomla pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by krileon.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 7 months ago #194880 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Change default login redirect
Thanks Kyle for the precisions.

Now I would like to ask everyone on this thread to not post anything else for next 3 days, except for pure solutions, as any other discussion would only be unproductive.

I'm tentatively NOT locking this thread, as I'm counting on your understanding that focus is needed for a solution to your particular problem of members-only content protected by Joomla (and not CBSubs, as the CBSubs-protected content works fine), and that side-discussions on other items are anti-productive.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon