Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Change default login redirect

• prospera
  • prospera
12 years 7 months ago #194912 by prospera
Replied by prospera on topic Re: Change default login redirect
Thanx for putting attention to this. It is also important for us to make this work.

Best regards,
PA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 7 months ago #195002 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Change default login redirect
Ok, Kyle has just prepared a Joomla plugin called CB Core Redirect Joomla plugin.

It is currently in 1.0 RC status and can only be downloaded by Professional / Developer members from the Professional Download area.

Once sufficient feedback is given we will be releasing this as a free plugin for all members.

• pdfx
  • pdfx
12 years 7 months ago #195015 by pdfx
Replied by pdfx on topic Re: Change default login redirect
That is superb news, 2.5 as well?

Pd

• nant
  • nant
12 years 7 months ago #195018 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Change default login redirect

pdfx wrote: That is superb news, 2.5 as well?

Pd

Its for 2.5 and 1.7.

• dacker
  • dacker
12 years 7 months ago #195095 by dacker
Replied by dacker on topic Re: Change default login redirect
While we now can redirect to the CB login page, once you log in, it takes you back to the home page.

I'm using this with Jevent and if a user is in an event, if you login, it would be nice if you handle the return string and put you back on the page where you came from:

i.e. t1631.org/component/comprofiler/login?return= aHR0cDovL3QxNjMxLm9yZy9ob21lL3VwY29taW5nLWV2ZW50cy9ldmVudGRldGFpbC8yMDgvLS9zY291dC1mYWly

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #195127 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Change default login redirect
I can't change the return. CBs login module directly uses $_SERVER to return the user to the URL they're attempting to login on. The only way to alter $_SERVER would be classified as Spoofing and I've no intentions of doing that. Until we've implemented a better return usage (session based) this is the best I can offer, sorry. CB 2.0 will have a better return usage. An alternative is for me to use JS to alter the login form and change the return value; we'll see s I review further implementation.

[UPDATE]: Was able to get the return URL from Joomlas login form. Just need to figure out how to pass it to CBs properly and it should then successfully redirect to the page the user was attempting to access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon