Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar Matrix Gallery Module 0.1 released

• micoots
  • micoots
18 years 2 months ago #19171 by micoots
Replied by micoots on topic Re:Avatar Matrix Gallery Module 0.1 released
Hi Raj,

Raj wrote:

Kind of overloaded right now, but will take a look at the code this weekend hopefully and release a new version early this next week. You're right about querying comprofiler. I figured that out a couple of days ago and realized that it would have to be revised.
Raj

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2006/06/16 22:03

I realise you're overloaded, but any progress? :)

Michael.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 2 months ago #19172 by Raj
My guess is that the usernames are long usernames that drop down below the bottom of the module. If the CSS is set to overflow:hidden, you won't see it...anything outside the container will just disappear.

As for progress, what I've realized is that I need to turn the Avatar Matrix into a component. I've made some progress on making a much cleaner version of the code, but it's still a module right now. Maybe soon.

Raj

• micoots
  • micoots
18 years 2 months ago #19173 by micoots
Hi Raj,

Raj wrote:

My guess is that the usernames are long usernames that drop down below the bottom of the module. If the CSS is set to overflow:hidden, you won't see it...anything outside the container will just disappear.

Here is my CSS entries for this module:

table.rajavatarmatrixtable {
background:black;
border:0px;
/* Error in parsing value for property 'border-style. Declaration dropped.
border-style:collapse; */
border-style:solid;
}

table.rajavatarmatrixtable td {
width:10px;
height:50px;
}

table.rajavatarmatrixtable td img {
display:inline;
/* removing the blue border around the images
border:1px solid #333; */
border-style:none;
}

tr.rajavatarmatrixoddrow {
background:#fefefe;
}

tr.rajavatarmatrixevenrow {
background:#efefef;
}

The weird thing is, users with longer usernames than the ones not showing up, show up. It's just those particular users that don't.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Michael.

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 2 months ago #19176 by Raj
Post a link and I'll have a look at it.

Raj

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 2 months ago #19181 by Raj
Okay, I found a small bug in the code on line 109 that was preventing usernames from appearing where the user had chosen their avatar from the gallery. I couldn't find it on my own sites because I had the gallery turned off.

Old Line:

$profileName = $link_gallery . $result->avatar . "\"alt=\"member image\" $setwidth $setheight/> \n<br/>" . $username->$username . "</a>\n";

Problem: The second occurrence of username had a $ sign, but shouldn't.

The correct code:

$profileName = $link_gallery . $result->avatar . "\"alt=\"member image\" $setwidth $setheight/> \n<br/>" . $username->username . "</a>\n";

I've uploaded the corrected zip to my website. If you have the gallery turned off, you need do nothing. Otherwise, I suggest you use JoomlaExplorer and edit the code yourself. Just make the change on line 109. You'll find mod_avatar_matrix.php in www.YourSite.com/modules .

Raj

• micoots
  • micoots
18 years 2 months ago #19182 by micoots
Hi Raj,

Raj wrote:

Okay, I found a small bug in the code on line 109 that was preventing usernames from appearing where the user had chosen their avatar from the gallery. I couldn't find it on my own sites because I had the gallery turned off.

Old Line:

$profileName = $link_gallery . $result->avatar . "\"alt=\"member image\" $setwidth $setheight/> \n<br/>" . $username->$username . "</a>\n";

Problem: The second occurrence of username had a $ sign, but shouldn't.

The correct code:

$profileName = $link_gallery . $result->avatar . "\"alt=\"member image\" $setwidth $setheight/> \n<br/>" . $username->username . "</a>\n";

I've uploaded the corrected zip to my website. If you have the gallery turned off, you need do nothing. Otherwise, I suggest you use JoomlaExplorer and edit the code yourself. Just make the change on line 109. You'll find mod_avatar_matrix.php in www.YourSite.com/modules .

Raj

Amazing, I really couldn't ask for better, that small change makes it look perfect, nicely formatted and presented.

Thanks.

Michael.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon