Skip to Content Skip to Menu

YouTube Plugin

• joomladude
  • joomladude
17 years 11 months ago #23392 by joomladude
Replied by joomladude on topic Re:YouTube Plugin
gypsydogg wrote:

check out allvideos for joomla www.joomlaworks.gr/ This would be a great plug-in for CB. As of now it's only for content pages. It doesn't seem like it would be to hard enable it for cb or even for the new xspf player that is in beta

I agree! That is the same plugin as I've refered to in my last posting. I just posted the link to Joomla! Extensions site instead of the plugin's author homepage which is the JoomlaWorks.gr. This is truly a fine plugin and I use it on my website for streaming video within the main content.

It will be wonderful if someone can work it out as a CB plugin.

JD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
17 years 11 months ago #23404 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:YouTube Plugin
Well, let's generate some interest -- let's pool a few dollars together and see if we can get a developer.

I'm in for some development money!

Dan

• pointri
  • pointri
17 years 11 months ago #23406 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:YouTube Plugin
I've been thinking that the solution for this one might be to make a JCE editor plugin out of AllVideos.

Then anyone with the permissions you set can add videos to any CB field enabled with an editor (i.e. a creative tab), and the interface for embedding external videos would then be a little more intuitive for users than the usual {youtube}3123043{/youtube} plugin nonsense.

Of course, writing plugins for JCE isn't as easy as for CB. Lots of JavaScript.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

• joomladude
  • joomladude
17 years 11 months ago #23422 by joomladude
Replied by joomladude on topic Re:YouTube Plugin
One simpler solution than implementing a JCE plugin would be to make it somehow that the Video tab would provide a few simple text fields which when the user enters the YouTube Video's identifying code from YouTube.com and save the input, it automatically puts the {youtube}{/youtube} tags around the captured code and displays the video.

On my site, I only provide the WYSIWYG editor access to authorized persons for security reasons and General Membership can only provide plain text information on their profile.

Also, as I mentioned before, I'll be happy to click the donation button anytime someone releases a useful tool that I can use on my community website.
Regards,

JD

Post edited by: joomladude, at: 2006/10/27 19:59

• gypsydogg
  • gypsydogg
17 years 11 months ago #23423 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:YouTube Plugin
Ya I was thinking of something simpler too. Like being able to select from a drop down list of all the supported feeds. Then the user puts in their feed URL and it strips the unnecessary crap and just puts the ID in and streams. It seems it was only made for the site administrator rather than visitors, but I think it would be great to have a front in interface.

gypsydogg

• gypsydogg
  • gypsydogg
17 years 11 months ago #23540 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:YouTube Plugin
Jeffason is right, all you need to do is create a text field tab and put the same code in. I just put in the description for the tag the instructions and it works just fine, you really can't do much more with it. That I can think of anyway. But the all video plug in is still good for the front page content.

gypsydogg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon