Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar Gallery (was Avatar Matrix) beta released

18 years 3 weeks ago #21733 by EvilSmiley
Nice matrix, I'm really digging it!

One thing though, when I do the following SQL string:

SELECT * FROM #__comprofiler WHERE avatarapproved=1 AND avatar NOT LIKE 'NULL' AND banned='0' ORDER BY RAND()

Everything is cool, and it works. But my CB is still young, and would like more than the 1 user result I get from that string, so I try the string that displays all users, ordering by avatar first:

SELECT * FROM #__comprofiler WHERE avatarapproved=1 AND banned='0' ORDER BY avatar DESC

But when I do this, I get duplicate users. Some users show up twice, some show up once. Any ideas? I've checked the DB, just in the event that there were duplicate entries, and there are none. I'm really confused about this.. admittedly, I dont know much about SQL, so I could have typed something wrong..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 3 weeks ago #21749 by Raj
Hmmmm....The times I've seen duplicate users in the results set there were multiple tables in the query. There is only one table in your query, so it's a little strange that users could be repeated in the results set.

I've sometimes driven myself crazy trying to test a query typed into one query box while accidentally having told the module to display the results from another query box.

Out of curiosity, try this:

SELECT * FROM #__comprofiler

if that works (does it yield duplicates?), try this:

SELECT * FROM #__comprofiler ORDER BY avatar DESC

Raj

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2006/09/29 22:34

• Raj
  • Raj
18 years 6 days ago #22685 by Raj
I'm working on the .5 release, which will include updating the component space (showing the profile when an avatar is clicked) with the Ajax class from Mootools.net. Will also include the ability to display the user's portrait picture in a Lightbox, and the ability to display Avatars in the Mootools Accordian.

Should be kind of mind-blowing if I can get a few testers onboard. If you're interested, please private message me.

Raj

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2006/10/16 14:40

• nuMarc
  • nuMarc
17 years 11 months ago #24588 by nuMarc
Hey Raj

Any news about this great module? :woohoo: :)

Not enough cash for a sig :-(

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 11 months ago #24611 by Raj
There were only two guys who volunteered to test a new version, so I just assumed it wasn't really that popular.

Raj

• Pubocyno
  • Pubocyno
17 years 11 months ago #25087 by Pubocyno
This is ingenious. Been looking for exactly this functionality for the last half year or so. You just made my week :)

I reckon it would be a lot more popular if it was listed on extensions.joomla.org or those kinds of sites. In order to find it, you really have to know what to search for. Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon