Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar Gallery (was Avatar Matrix) beta released

• Phleum
  • Phleum
17 years 10 months ago #27083 by Phleum
Is there any way to concatenate fields eg. (firstname.lastname) in the captions?

Post edited by: Phleum, at: 2006/12/15 23:51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Raj
  • Raj
17 years 10 months ago #27084 by Raj
Sometimes some element used in the matrix CSS is styled elsewhere in your site CSS, and this other CSS ends up overriding the avatar matrix CSS. You'll just have to play with it and see what works.

There's no way to concatenate fields.

Raj

• Phleum
  • Phleum
17 years 10 months ago #27154 by Phleum
Thanks for the input. The CSS problem seems to be a browser issue, as it works fine in firefox and current IE. I'll have to see what the other browser I was using is. Or it could be an operating system thing?

Or maybe it's the way I'm implementing the module (I have it displayed using a mambot in a content item.) That still wouldn't explain why it works on some computers and not others.

I'll have to investigate. CSS is so finicky...

I decided to deal with names by messing with matrix output.

I replaced (mod_avatar_matrix4.php line 159(?) )
[code:1]"'><p>" . $username->username . "</p>"[/code:1]

with

[code:1]"'><p>" . $result->firstname . " " . $result->lastname . "<br />(". $username->username . "«»)</p>"[/code:1]

to get the users' full names above the image and the usernames that in parentheses. That aesthic will work well for my purposes.

It might be nice to have a switch, like in CB configuration, to output usernames or real names. In fact, maybe you could tie in and make it consistent by querying CB's config table? I'm not much of a PHP/SQL pro, so I don't really know how that would work.

Thanks for a great module! It's been fun playing around.

• sdhiphop
  • sdhiphop
17 years 10 months ago #27190 by sdhiphop
I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but i don't have any profiles popping up in this module.

can anyone help?

thanks

• sdhiphop
  • sdhiphop
17 years 10 months ago #27194 by sdhiphop
Ok I've messed with it for a few hours now, This module doesn't pick up a the default CB avatar nor the default Matrix Avatar. It just told me that I had NO members.

I uploaded my own avatar and profiles started to show up.

Also the resizer doesn't reproduce very well, it seems like this module takes the thumbnail from the default CB avatar thumbnail and resizes from there. Rather than resize from the full sized avatar which is shown on the Members main profile page.

Nice module hope it gets some good attention on the next update.

Peace

• Dr.Mazika
  • Dr.Mazika
17 years 9 months ago #28389 by Dr.Mazika
if i want to show the module in a static content page by mosmodule and i want to view all picture but if i have 200 member the page will be so long so can u add a "view all" check box and if admin check it [start 1-2-3 end] appear at the end of the module

Moderators: beatnantkrileon