Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

• raeldc
  • raeldc
17 years 6 months ago #34435 by raeldc
Hi Christina!

On the first issue, I made sure that it isn't a problem. There is a button at the bottom just at the left side of the pagination to "SELECT ALL" and it will select everything in the current list, not just 50 but all the results in all pages. Even the results of your search. You can also navigate through the pages without loosing the checked boxes. So if you check a box in page 1, when you go to page 2, the checked box in page 1 is still checked.

On the second issue, the component currently doesn't care whether the user is blocked or not. It just gives you a cue that the user is blocked so you can uncheck it.

I hope this helps!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maranate
  • maranate
17 years 6 months ago #34437 by maranate
OK gotcha - I didn't try it, I just assumed the Select All button was the same as the "select all" checkbox, but you're right, the button gets them all.

On the other issue, the problem for us, and again, this is probably not typical, is that we do not delete blocked members because we want to keep track of them in case they decide to become members again (we're a club with membership dues). So we have upwards of 50 that are blocked at the moment, and this is only after having CB in use for 6 months. So that's why it would be nice to beable to differentiate them on the export. A possible workaround we're considering is to not just block those people, but change their membership type to something else. The membership type field is currently exported, so it would give us the visibility we need (assuming no user error - e.g. change to blocked but forget to change the type).

Again, thank you for the great job!

Christina

• robinhot
  • robinhot
17 years 6 months ago #34523 by robinhot
just a quick message to say this is exactly what i needed. Great Work!

• guilliam
  • guilliam
17 years 6 months ago #34537 by guilliam
maranate wrote:

OK gotcha - I didn't try it, I just assumed the Select All button was the same as the "select all" checkbox, but you're right, the button gets them all.

On the other issue, the problem for us, and again, this is probably not typical, is that we do not delete blocked members because we want to keep track of them in case they decide to become members again (we're a club with membership dues). So we have upwards of 50 that are blocked at the moment, and this is only after having CB in use for 6 months. So that's why it would be nice to beable to differentiate them on the export. A possible workaround we're considering is to not just block those people, but change their membership type to something else. The membership type field is currently exported, so it would give us the visibility we need (assuming no user error - e.g. change to blocked but forget to change the type).

Again, thank you for the great job!

what membership access level are you using btw? are you using the core usergroups of CB or its another acl plugin?

- g

• maranate
  • maranate
17 years 6 months ago #34540 by maranate
We're a non-profit with membership. There are really only 2 levels, a member, and a prospective member. Prospectives are allowed to check us out for free for 3 months, and then they pay dues. They have full access, so we just have a cb field that we created called "member type" and the options are "member" or "prospective." Hopefully, before the next membership renewal period (in August) there will be a working subscription component that we can use, but in the meantime, it's all done manually - a prospective registers on our site, the VP in charge of prospectives approves or denies the registration, after 3 months the same VP then "disables" their access to the members only areas of the website. If the VP of Membership receives a check, then she will re-enable them. This is why we don't delete them. So we would probably add two more member types, probably something like "former member," and "former prospective" so we can then export lists of those types and make followup calls.

Christina

• joomladude
  • joomladude
17 years 6 months ago #34680 by joomladude
Replied by joomladude on topic Re:CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL
Hi All,
Are there any updates on this issue as neither the domain www.joomlaconsultancy.com nor the plugin file which is posted on this forum are accessible anymore. :blink:
Thanks,

JD

Moderators: beatnantkrileon