Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

• guilliam
  • guilliam
17 years 8 months ago #30883 by guilliam
ihb wrote:

I am fairly new to CB (and Joomla!), so please bear with me if I ask ignorent questions.

First, I have to agree with so many others in this thread that the component you are proposing/making is extremely useful for us who use cb. My problem, of course, is that I can not get it to work. Installation is successfull, but when entering the component from backend I only get blank pages, both for lists and configuration. What am I doing wrong?

I have read all the posts in this thread (all 18 pages of it), but I haven't found the answer there.

The link provided for a demo-version does not work, so I have not had the chance to test the demo either.

The most important thing for us is to be able to export user-data to excel. I really could use this functionality, so please help!

Nebula, Joomla in Norway (JIN)

hi, sorry for the delayed reply.

once its installed it doesnt have component configurations since there is nothing to configure. we need needed that component to show there upon installation so that joomla can reference it to as a menu.

what you need is to go to menu manager -> create a new menu(top right NEW icon) -> select component -> select CB UsersList XTD(on the component box to select from) -> name your menu to what you wanted.

NOW, if you havent made any list in the CB.. to show the data you wanted to output in the extended userlist component with the excel + print + mass email; you need to do one.

backend -> component -> community builder -> list management -> CREATE A LIST HERE of the data you wanted to output.

- guilliam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• guilliam
  • guilliam
17 years 8 months ago #30884 by guilliam
gstyles wrote:

I have exactly the same problem as ihb, joomla 1.0.12 cb 1.0.2. Has anybody had this problem before?

havent tried it yet on joomla 1.0.12
after doing what mentioned on my previous post; if you have issues with 1.0.12 with this component pls post it here to report incompatibility with joomla 1.0.12.

for CB 1.0.2 its doesnt have any issues.

- guilliam

• gstyles
  • gstyles
17 years 8 months ago #30894 by gstyles
Thanks Guillam, followed your instructions and all works OK on 1.0.12

• orussier
  • orussier
17 years 8 months ago #31078 by orussier
Hello,

I've installed this component ( CB UsersList XTD / option=com_cb_userslistxtd / Team Joomlancers PH / version 0.0.1 / December 2005 / raeldc@gmail.com ) with Joomla 1.0.12 french.

But, I've a problem with the email function.

After I've checked some email boxes, when I click on "Send Email", I've a error message about a authorisation problem.

The menu link is :
index.php?option=com_cb_userslistxtd&Itemid=36

It's very strange, because I use a administrator login.

If someone have an idea...

In advance, thanks a lot

Olivier

• guilliam
  • guilliam
17 years 8 months ago #31125 by guilliam
ANNOUNCEMENT:

due to community demands on this project; we will soon release a revise version in which it will now have a full component parameters in the backend. such paramters like:

a. turn ON or OFF the mass mail function
b. turn ON or OFF the export to excel
c. turn ON or OFF the print function
d. show and select the details to be included in the export to excel
e. auto creation of the menu item pointing to this component in the joomla mainmenu upon install

PLUS the main feature of the next open-source release:

ABILITY TO IMPORT THE EXCEL TO THE USERLIST DB.

these features are aimed to aid our fellow joomla community members which are less technical(non techies).

target date of publishing on or before mid of march 2007. release will also be published in the extensions.joomla.org

we would appreciate the community's support on the bug reporting once the beta version is out for testing(will post the URL on this thread where to download he beta version once its ready for download and community testing).

we also seek "feature requests" to be added to the next version. please feel free to post feature requests on this thread.

- guilliam

• dsendecki
  • dsendecki
17 years 8 months ago #31140 by dsendecki

Moderators: beatnantkrileon