Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

17 years 9 months ago #28619 by billykeyworth
Replied by billykeyworth on topic Re:CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL
i love this idea, and it works great! but i need other details from community builder profile to be exported too, is it hard to configure this?

treadyroc wrote:

Hey guilliam

In addition to all of my normal user lists, I've created a user list with nothing but phone numbers, fax numbers, etc. I'm using the Excel export function to get that to a spreadsheet which the user can then print (the "phone list" that they just have to print for some reason).

The Excel export function is actually perfect for this, because it lists the total number of users + the date the spreadsheet was created @ the bottom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• guilliam
  • guilliam
17 years 9 months ago #28620 by guilliam
billykeyworth wrote:

i love this idea, and it works great! but i need other details from community builder profile to be exported too, is it hard to configure this?

treadyroc wrote:

Hey guilliam

In addition to all of my normal user lists, I've created a user list with nothing but phone numbers, fax numbers, etc. I'm using the Excel export function to get that to a spreadsheet which the user can then print (the "phone list" that they just have to print for some reason).

The Excel export function is actually perfect for this, because it lists the total number of users + the date the spreadsheet was created @ the bottom.

displaying the fields from the profile is simply making a userlist in the CB and publish it. in the userlist choose the fields you want to be published or viewable and voila!

- g

17 years 9 months ago #28822 by zandercent
Replied by zandercent on topic Re:CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL
Hello,

this is potentially a fantastic plugin, and I am frankly shocked it is the only one of its kind. unfortunately i can;t get it to work.

the export to excel function (the only bit i would really need) just creates a sort of half html code starting

"<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?mso-application progid="Excel.Sheet"?>

<Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"

xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"

xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"

xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"

xmlns:html=" www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40 ">

<DocumentProperties xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">

<Author>zander</Author>

<Company>Terry Carlin</Company>

<Version>11.5606</Version>

</DocumentProperties>

<ExcelWorkbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel">

<WindowHeight>10485</WindowHeight>

<WindowWidth>17115</WindowWidth>

<WindowTopX>360</WindowTopX>

<WindowTopY>60</WindowTopY>

<ProtectStructure>False</ProtectStructure>

<ProtectWindows>False</ProtectWindows>

</ExcelWorkbook>....

<Styles>"

it goes on.

also the configure setup of the plugin is disabled. Can anyone help??

thanks

• guilliam
  • guilliam
17 years 9 months ago #28827 by guilliam
@zandercent, can you pm me here in joomlapolis the site or url of your site you are trying to make this work?

- g

• ihb
  • ihb
17 years 8 months ago #30741 by ihb
I am fairly new to CB (and Joomla!), so please bear with me if I ask ignorent questions.

First, I have to agree with so many others in this thread that the component you are proposing/making is extremely useful for us who use cb. My problem, of course, is that I can not get it to work. Installation is successfull, but when entering the component from backend I only get blank pages, both for lists and configuration. What am I doing wrong?

I have read all the posts in this thread (all 18 pages of it), but I haven't found the answer there.

The link provided for a demo-version does not work, so I have not had the chance to test the demo either.

The most important thing for us is to be able to export user-data to excel. I really could use this functionality, so please help!

Nebula, Joomla in Norway (JIN)

• gstyles
  • gstyles
17 years 8 months ago #30882 by gstyles
I have exactly the same problem as ihb, joomla 1.0.12 cb 1.0.2. Has anybody had this problem before?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon