Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 8 months ago #31170 by mikko
Cool.

Feature request 1: Integrate this with advanced search www.emptorum.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&Itemid=1&gid=17&orderby=dmdatecounter&ascdesc=DESC

Feature request 2: Make it accept plugins.
forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf5667
forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf7428

Feature request 3: Enable range navigation
forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf3504?nav=1

For importing the users, this thread and the code posted there might be useful www.emptorum.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&Itemid=1&gid=17&orderby=dmdatecounter&ascdesc=DESC

mikko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• McIke
  • McIke
17 years 8 months ago #31184 by McIke
GREAT!! Thank you very much!

Feature request 4:
for MassMail: Possibility of adding attachements (in frontend)

----
sorry for my english - my austrian german would be much better!

• MontagFTB
  • MontagFTB
17 years 7 months ago #31737 by MontagFTB
Replied by MontagFTB on topic Re:CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL
Yes!!! This is good news. I downloaded the demo/old/as-is cb_userslistxtd plugin; the export feature didn't work for me (a bug in some foreach expression) but that's fine; I'm happy waiting for the new extension.

One thing I would like to see would be to be able to get at the information from my own PHP code, and formatted as an RSS-feed-like XML file. This gives me the ability to code up *any* export format, not just one to Excel. This also lifts some of the burden off of you, as others can contribute to your extension with their own formatters for custom uses.

(My ambition at this point is to provide for my community a 'download as PDF'-type feature, or at least give them a nicely formatted (yet plain) HTML page they can print out on their own.)

So, in short, there is a distinct opportunity here to make some really remarkable progress with not just the ability to export rich CB user data, but also to give mid-stream coders the ability to do with it as they please. Exporting to Excel is one such target format; the list is potentially endless if users of your extension can get at its output with their own code.

Nevertheless, I am excited about your work, and will keep my eyes peeled for the upcoming release. Thanks again for all your work on this!

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 7 months ago #31749 by mikko
MontagFTB wrote:

One thing I would like to see would be to be able to get at the information from my own PHP code, and formatted as an RSS-feed-like XML file. This gives me the ability to code up *any* export format, not just one to Excel. This also lifts some of the burden off of you, as others can contribute to your extension with their own formatters for custom uses.

I am curious about this: Why would you want to have the profile in XML rather than just accessing directly the database with SQL from php?

mikko

• MontagFTB
  • MontagFTB
17 years 7 months ago #32014 by MontagFTB
Replied by MontagFTB on topic Re:CB with PRINT + EXPORT TO EXCEL + MASS EMAIL
My thought here is that there would be a lot of duplicate code in my effort, were I to pound directly on the database. Likewise, if anyone else were to want the same flat-file data so they could export the information using another file format, it would be less code overall. Simply, it is an opportunity to expand on what is currently there. No sense in re-inventing the wheel.

• Fwe
  • Fwe
17 years 7 months ago #32144 by Fwe
Hi, i'm not able to use a own List that i have created with the community builder. Only the selectable Fields in the config can i switch-On or Off. (e.g usertype,Join Date,Last Visit Time)

Installed Component: Joomla.1.0.12 CB 1.0.2 userlistxtd.1.2.2

Whats going wrong?

Thanks for help

Moderators: beatnantkrileon