Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion

• beat
  • beat
17 years 7 months ago #31762 by beat
Here a small update on the CB Paid Subscriptions plugin:

- The first tests on first build here at Joomlapolis showed no errors at all, everything runs very smoothly, which is very encouraging. Only problems were with some texts on this site still referring to the donations button, instead of the subscription tab on the profile, which have now been updated. Thanks a lot to the CB documentation subscribers for their support to the CB project, it's a nice feeling receiving the payment notifications emails, and seing the code under development working well :)

- Since my last blog, we accepted a few features requests from paying customers to extend this plugin's features, which will provide some very nice additions and extend the possibilities of the plugin. More on that soon.

- The status/upgrade advertisement module is finished as well (we added also an API to next CB release for joomla modules to be able to interact with CB plugins), and will be tested on this site as soon as we stabilize the next build.

- We're a little behind schedule regarding backend functionality, and need to complete some more exceptions workflows after account expiration, to help people find their way to renew their expired subscription.

- At this time, we are feature-freezing the project, and finish implementation and stabilization. Implementation should be finished within 15 days approximately, and stabilization within around 3 weeks.

- Sorry for the ones having asked, there is no final pricing fixed yet, but as said, it will be reasonable and affordable :)

So we are aiming a release starting mid-march (yes, sorry, release date slipped by two weeks due to added features :) , and february is a short month :whistle: ), which is (as usual) subject to stabilization and tests completed.

I've updated also my blog.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The topic has been locked.
  • egenes
  • egenes
17 years 7 months ago #31858 by egenes
That's great Beat, thanks for the detailed update - i'm one of those who just used the paid subscription on the joomla site - really nice and smooth!!! Sure my clients won't mind the wait!

Cheers
  • rawsushi
  • rawsushi
17 years 7 months ago #33461 by rawsushi
Beat:

I'm psyched - can't wait for its release.

Questions ... why does it need to be for 'subscriptions' as it were.

Will you / would you - be able to leave an option for "other" which would pop open a textbox allowing the user to enter the item/reason and the AMT of money they want t pay...

What i'm thinking is that let's say that a salesperson @ the website offers a non-standard service for some amount ... USer finally decides it's a good idea and can then go and pay.

As it's "other" perhaps you also provide a drop down box of people to be notified (data found in Contacts list already provided by Joomla! ) .

Additionally, will it connect to PayPal directly?

Just some thoughts.

Rawsushi

Post edited by: rawsushi, at: 2007/03/14 21:29

Rawsushi

Plan it, work it.
  • rawsushi
  • rawsushi
17 years 7 months ago #33463 by rawsushi
oops wanted to be subscribed

Rawsushi

Plan it, work it.
  • p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 7 months ago #33470 by p9939068
rawsushi wrote:

Will you / would you - be able to leave an option for "other" which would pop open a textbox allowing the user to enter the item/reason and the AMT of money they want t pay...

There are lots of donations module available that do just that, just do a search on joomla's extension site.

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
  • CAL_Tech
  • CAL_Tech
17 years 7 months ago #33945 by CAL_Tech
Bandit,

What version of AEC are you using? If you aren't using a recent version then it's you own fault. AEC has come a LONG way in the last few months.

chuck

Post edited by: CAL_Tech, at: 2007/03/20 12:42
Moderators: beatnantkrileon