Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion

• Rommulus
  • Rommulus
17 years 6 months ago #34099 by Rommulus
Really outstanding work you guys are doing here! I wondered if I could entice you to broaden the planned features to include an endorser function. It works as follows...

Lets say the site has 4 subscription plans (A-free,B-$10,C-$20,D-$30)

When visitor attempts to join as level C, they must select two existing members (from a dropdown?) of the same plan level C or higher to endorse them.

Membership process then completes, payment for chosen level(C) is charged, visitor receives the minimum paid level access(level B until fully endorsed).

The two endorsers each get notices in their CB that they must approve the applicant. Simple click of yes/no and a comment box works for this area.

Once both endorsers agree to applicant then membership level for visitor is upgraded from B to C.

If one endorser says no, applicant must choose another and wait for their approval.

Backend needs to keep track of who is requesting endorsement from whom. I know this sounds like much, but I would be more than happy to donate a substantial amount of money to the cause. Feel free to contact me for details or discussions.

Thanks again for your work!
The topic has been locked.
  • beat
  • beat
17 years 6 months ago #34310 by beat
Thanks for your great feedbacks and suggestions, I didn't have time to reply to them, but we are seeing them and we try to take them in account as we code, maybe not for first release, but by building-in the flexibility to handle them in a later release.

I've just published a new short blog with a few screen-dumps on the latest news (you can see it from home page cb team blogs).

Back to work ! :woohoo:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
17 years 6 months ago #34312 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion
Hey Beat,
very interesting news, sounds like very hard word.

two more weeks? No problem, we use the time to play around with the CB :lol: :lol: :lol:

The most interesting part is the new fraimework:ohmy: and it would be nice to get (later) an ipression wich impact this could have for the community builder:cheer:

But now you should go to bed it 5 am !!!:S

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)
  • Bizzyjob
  • Bizzyjob
17 years 6 months ago #34532 by Bizzyjob
What's the possibility of using the Paid Subscriptions Plugin with the User List? I would really like to have the ability to offer users to have *Featured* listings. Ex: Based on Subscription Level, the user can choose to have their listing in "User List" -highlighted listing, bold text, sorted first, etc. Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong area. I wasn't sure if this is a possiblity with the Paid Subscriptions Plugin or not. Not sure, but I imagine this would take some extra work in the List Management Portion of CB.
  • robertem
  • robertem
17 years 6 months ago #34676 by robertem
Hey Beat,
This sounds fantastic and could be just what I've been looking for.
One question though, will the new plugin allow for multiple access levels? e.g. can I have a free membership, a paid membership which will have access to premium content and a VIP level that would have access to additional content?

I've been looking for a suitable ACL solution without success and feared I may have to look at Drupal to get the job done.

Thanks for all the great work!

Rob
  • rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 6 months ago #34677 by rpitera
robertem wrote:

Hey Beat,
This sounds fantastic and could be just what I've been looking for.
One question though, will the new plugin allow for multiple access levels? e.g. can I have a free membership, a paid membership which will have access to premium content and a VIP level that would have access to additional content?

I've been looking for a suitable ACL solution without success and feared I may have to look at Drupal to get the job done.

Thanks for all the great work!

Rob

Color me in the same boat...I've been working with AEC but I'd be curious to see how integrated with CB this actually is; for instance would you be able to apply ACLs to tabs or plugins so that viewing such objects will be availble to the general public but only certain AROs wil have editing ability? This would allow access to certain features to be available to specific levels of members.

I'm
Moderators: beatnantkrileon