Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion

• joombob
  • joombob
17 years 6 months ago #35006 by joombob
Beat,

Along with everyone else, I can't wait for this new plugin!

Question: You said that it would be easy to import an existing CB user list into the subscription plugin, but I'm using AEC on my site now -- will I be able to import my AEC subscriptions into the CB subscription plugin with a minimum of fuss?

(No offense to AEC! It's working fine, but I'd just as soon go with a CB-team solution!)

Thanks!

:)

Myspace for movie geeks? Check out www.cc2k.us !
The topic has been locked.
17 years 6 months ago #35213 by Knalltrauma
Replied by Knalltrauma on topic Re:CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion
Can't wait :woohoo: This plug will be one of the best ever!

Thank you for your work (in advance), Beat :woohoo:
  • rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 6 months ago #35215 by rpitera
joombob wrote:

Beat,

Along with everyone else, I can't wait for this new plugin!

Question: You said that it would be easy to import an existing CB user list into the subscription plugin, but I'm using AEC on my site now -- will I be able to import my AEC subscriptions into the CB subscription plugin with a minimum of fuss?

(No offense to AEC! It's working fine, but I'd just as soon go with a CB-team solution!)

Thanks!

:)

I'm in the same boat, but without any idea of a release date it's getting harder and harder to convince the client to wait. I feel the same way about a CB Team solution, but the fact is that the AEC solution is here *now* and it is getting better and better with each build.

:evil: Now before anyone flames me, for god sake please read this...:evil:

- I'm not attacking Beat or anyone on the CB team
- I'm not being impatient (the client... well that's another story ;) )
- I'm not complaining
- And most of all, I shouldn't have to defend asking a valid question - but I'm not leaving anything to chance...

I just have seen a few deadline statements slip past and there hasn't been an update on status since March 25th so I'm getting anxious that I won't be able to hold the client off any longer. I realize you guys are working hard, and that's why I've been pulling for you. But time's not on my side...

Post edited by: rpitera, at: 2007/04/06 19:06
  • nant
  • nant
17 years 6 months ago #35227 by nant
A short update from me (beat is very busy working on the plugin and CB in parallel)...

The subscriptions plugin system is progressing nicely.
Beat is working fulltime on this - investing on this product. This means that he is 100% dedicated to getting this completed - no distractions (other than some sporadic forum support here and there - BTW - thank you to Mike and Mikko for helping out on these forums - both beat and I have noticed and we apreciate it big time).

I am not writing this post to provide some estimated release date - just to tell people that work is still in progress. I am closely following Beat's efforts - he is doing miracles with new CB extensions to make the subscriptions plugin work more robust and feature rich. The project proved to be more complicated than anticipated - mainly because beat (as th rest of the CB team) does not believe in quick hacks. The features should be implemented as solid as possible and the must operate on a multitude of environments.

For those waiting - there is no estimated release date yet. Beat will most likely post a new progress blog sometime next week.
  • rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 6 months ago #35228 by rpitera
nant wrote:

A short update from me (beat is very busy working on the plugin and CB in parallel)...

Beat is working fulltime on this - investing on this product. This means that he is 100% dedicated to getting this completed - no distractions (other than some sporadic forum support here and there - BTW - thank you to Mike and Mikko for helping out on these forums - both beat and I have noticed and we apreciate it big time).

I am not writing this post to provide some estimated release date - just to tell people that work is still in progress. I am closely following Beat's efforts - he is doing miracles with new CB extensions to make the subscriptions plugin work more robust and feature rich. The project proved to be more complicated than anticipated - mainly because beat (as th rest of the CB team) does not believe in quick hacks. The features should be implemented as solid as possible and the must operate on a multitude of environments.

For those waiting - there is no estimated release date yet. Beat will most likely post a new progress blog sometime next week.

Thanks Nick, Is it safe to assume that the featureset is now frozen in anticipation of release? Can you guide us to a concise, up to date (as much as is possible) feature listing or should the article at www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mamblog/Itemid,42/task,show/action,view/id,2524/ be considered the official list?
  • nant
  • nant
17 years 6 months ago #35230 by nant
rpitera wrote:

nant wrote:

Thanks Nick, Is it safe to assume that the featureset is now frozen in anticipation of release? Can you guide us to a concise, up to date (as much as is possible) feature listing or should the article at www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mamblog/Itemid,42/task,show/action,view/id,2524/ be considered the official list?

yes - on both counts.
core features are more or less covered by beat's posts.
supporting features are being implemented also.
as far as i know, feature freeze is reached.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon