Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion

• schelly
  • schelly
17 years 6 months ago #34696 by schelly
robertem wrote:

...the client shifted gears at the last minute and now requires 3 levels of access for user galleries (higher level gets a higher quota). There is more to the higher membership but, for the most part, it would be handled off line....

Did a little research and here's what I found. Please note I'm not relating any of this from personal experience. I have no experience level at all with the component below:

Menalto:
Allows you to set up specific users in the album who can have their own albums and quotas. This isn't as seamless as you'd like obviously, but it's do-able. See "Accounts/Permissions" on the linked page.

Best of luck with your client!
:cheer:

Don't waste time and gas. Study with your team online at My Study Groups . Save time and money!
The topic has been locked.
17 years 6 months ago #34698 by FireIslandMan
Replied by FireIslandMan on topic Re:CB Paid Subscriptions plugin update discussion
schelly wrote:

robertem wrote:

...the client shifted gears at the last minute and now requires 3 levels of access for user galleries (higher level gets a higher quota). There is more to the higher membership but, for the most part, it would be handled off line....

Did a little research and here's what I found. Please note I'm not relating any of this from personal experience. I have no experience level at all with the component below:

Menalto:
Allows you to set up specific users in the album who can have their own albums and quotas. This isn't as seamless as you'd like obviously, but it's do-able. See "Accounts/Permissions" on the linked page.

Maybe what you are trying to do can already be accomplished with an open-source dating system like osDate ?
  • rpitera
  • rpitera
  • Add-ons
17 years 6 months ago #34699 by rpitera
schelly wrote:

robertem wrote:

Menalto:

Thanks for the heads up Schelly! I'd heard of Menalto but never tried it - mostly because there's no plugin for CB that would show a users pics on their tab like the other gallery offerings.

(BTW, my name is Robert too So I wasn't sure whether you were responiding to me or robertem, but we have the same needs...)
  • robertem
  • robertem
17 years 6 months ago #34700 by robertem
Hi Schelly,
I have that gallery installed and it is a fantastic app.
I had moved away from in the past because I found the G2 Joomla bridge to be buggy and rarely updated (possibly a dead project).
I'll have to have another look.
FYI rpitera, there is a CB plugin but it hasn't been updated to the new version of Gallery 2 as of yet.
  • beat
  • beat
17 years 6 months ago #34734 by beat
great minds think alike....nice to see...and agreeing with your point-of-views B)

We don't want to announce anything until it's done, but we have had similar discussions within cb core team over the last months :)

I'm spending very little time on forums these days, to maximize my development time. Back to dev work, still lots to do...wohohoooo :woohoo:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
  • beat
  • beat
17 years 6 months ago #34735 by beat
robertem wrote:

Hi Schelly,
I have that gallery installed and it is a fantastic app.
I had moved away from in the past because I found the G2 Joomla bridge to be buggy and rarely updated (possibly a dead project).
I'll have to have another look.
FYI rpitera, there is a CB plugin but it hasn't been updated to the new version of Gallery 2 as of yet.

Please start another thread for gallery 2, to not mix-up subjects ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Moderators: beatnantkrileon