Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile Badge Plugin

• Switch
  • Switch
17 years 6 months ago #34328 by Switch
Replied by Switch on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
Steve - I do not have working test site atm, so could I ask you to explain what exactly is happening?

Does the error only occur when you access the profile via admin, or does it occur when users access their profile also.
Also, which settings are you using - does it show in the edit tab or in the profile tab? I presume it is in the edit tab or there wouldn't be problems. As for a fix, I have to say I'm not exactly sure why it isn't working - unless someone can think of a way to prevent certain edit tabs being called in the admin panel I can't think of much advice other than to use the badge using the profiletb rather than edit tab.

behenning - there are instructions on how to place the badge in the user profile included with the download.

lexxy2000 - as I do not allow users on mysites to use gallery images when making the plugin I did not consider how to make the badge display them - if anyone could tell me how to do it I will gladly include it in the plugin.

krossi - I do not think that the site being on a secure server should prevent the plugin from calling the profile image, have you resolved this issue yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #34342 by steveometer
Replied by steveometer on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
i ONLY get the error when i go to admin > com_profiler > user manager.

it appears it does not function properly there, and what ive been doing is turning of tab then editing user then turning tab back on

SoM

17 years 6 months ago #34377 by twinstripe
Replied by twinstripe on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
I'm getting the same problem. If I try to select a user's profile from Community Builder > User Manager in the backend Administration I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sefRelToAbs() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_profilebadge/badge.php on line 58

(where XXXXX is my virtual server root)

It looks as if the badge script is attempting to use SEF rewrites, which of course don't work in the backend!

Post edited by: twinstripe, at: 2007/03/26 04:34

17 years 6 months ago #34380 by steveometer
Replied by steveometer on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
well sounds like the bug has been tracked down, now how to we make it not show the badge tab in admin?

SoM

17 years 6 months ago #34861 by mussburger
Replied by mussburger on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
krossi wrote:

Hey guys... I'm just having one problem. When I've tested the badge out & placed the code into MySpace, the thumbnail doesn't show up. All I'm getting is ".." Does anyone know what this is & how I could fix that?

I am having the same problem. It seems that the code doesn't produce an absolute link to the image.

Any help changing this would be appreciated. Thanks

17 years 6 months ago #34873 by mussburger
Replied by mussburger on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
mussburger wrote:

krossi wrote:

Hey guys... I'm just having one problem. When I've tested the badge out & placed the code into MySpace, the thumbnail doesn't show up. All I'm getting is ".." Does anyone know what this is & how I could fix that?

I am having the same problem. It seems that the code doesn't produce an absolute link to the image.

Any help changing this would be appreciated. Thanks

all set, I added my domain www.site.com/ to the two instances of /images/comprofiler/tn in the badge.php file and it worked great.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon