Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Profile Badge Plugin

17 years 6 months ago #34877 by steveometer
Replied by steveometer on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
twinstripe wrote:

I'm getting the same problem. If I try to select a user's profile from Community Builder > User Manager in the backend Administration I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sefRelToAbs() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_profilebadge/badge.php on line 58

(where XXXXX is my virtual server root)

It looks as if the badge script is attempting to use SEF rewrites, which of course don't work in the backend!

Post edited by: twinstripe, at: 2007/03/26 04:34

Did anyone actually cover how to make it not show in admin?

I would appreciate it, ill even give some free ad space to the person who gives me the correct answer!

SoM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #36611 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
Hello Switch,

i have also installed your badge plug and be impressed :-)

unfortunatly i can not enter the userprofile within the backend cause of this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sefreltoabs() in ...../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_profilebadge/badge.php on line 58

I seen that severeal user posted this issue - can you give some support please?

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

• Switch
  • Switch
17 years 5 months ago #37248 by Switch
Replied by Switch on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
Sorry for my prolonged absence, I have had some personal problems and a lot of university work to do and had stopped most of my online activities.

I am now aware of the problem, and will look into it. A temporary solution would be to place the plugin in the display tab as opposed to the edit tab, this will make the plugin be displayed publically on the user's profile however.

I have to say, at first glance I am not exactly sure how to fix the problem, I will ask the lead devs for help and look into the problem further.

Thanks for using the plugin, I do have a few updates in mind once I get the time and fix this bug.

Switch

17 years 5 months ago #37256 by steveometer
i know that i am looking forward to a bugfixed version.

i believe there is a function to see if a function exists, and the plugin should find out if SEF is available b4 calling it (in case its admin side) OR changing it to a display tab, but set it to private

SoM

17 years 5 months ago #37686 by tf5_bassist
Replied by tf5_bassist on topic Re:Profile Badge Plugin
[code:1]Fatal error: Call to undefined function sefreltoabs() in /home/xxxxxxx/sacramentoartmagazine.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_profilebadge/badge.php on line 58[/code:1]
where xxxx is random server path crap.

Same error, so I've disabled the plugin until there's a working version out there. Seriously AWESOME plugin, and I might just leave it on but turn it off when I have user management to do, you never know.

Anxiously awaiting a fixed version though! I <3 the Profile Badge!

17 years 5 months ago #37707 by steveometer
i sure would love to have that bug fixed.

if the original author of this wants, i will take over development of this plugin and fix this error.

i can think of a few other things this plugin needs...

if the author can contact me i would be more than willing to talk about what we can do together.

SoM

Moderators: beatnantkrileon