Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy

• marvman
  • marvman
17 years 6 months ago #34660 by marvman
Replied by marvman on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
Hi!

First of all thank you for the privacy plugin. it seems to be one of the very few plugins for user access regulations (i know there are some for groups but not that many for individual users). You said you would code a little bit during the weekend.
if you do so and have still some time left, would it be too complicated to put in a fourth filter: users i have named can see my tab?! right now we try to set up page where this feature would be welcomed. people on that page should be able to decide which user might see his certain infos and files.

we thought about the cb search function and something like a user dropdown-list where you can chose from or a text field where you enter the user name. the filter should then only post entries that have your user name listed.

could work but seems to be complicated as i am not experienced in mysql...

all the best and good luck. marvin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 6 months ago #34729 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
marvman wrote:

if you do so and have still some time left, would it be too complicated to put in a fourth filter: users i have named can see my tab?! right now we try to set up page where this feature would be welcomed. people on that page should be able to decide which user might see his certain infos and files.

we thought about the cb search function and something like a user dropdown-list where you can chose from or a text field where you enter the user name. the filter should then only post entries that have your user name listed.

You can configure more filters by using SQL, which is quote easy to learn. The problem with this kind of filter is that one would have to code the user interface for picking the users who should see a tab. To get this right would require more code than the plugin currently has, and it would be better to code it as a standalone plugin and then just use that data from privacy policy.

To sum up this up, I doubt that there is an incentive for me to code this extra plugin.

mikko

• marvman
  • marvman
17 years 6 months ago #34746 by marvman
Replied by marvman on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
okay! at least a simple and clear answer. i think we will find some workaround...

thank you and have nice weekend

marvin

• comenius
  • comenius
17 years 6 months ago #34761 by comenius
Replied by comenius on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
I apologize for what is probably a very simple question, but what would the SQL query be to restrict tab access only to members of the Super Administrator group?

17 years 6 months ago #35035 by tomsawyer1234
Replied by tomsawyer1234 on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
mikko,

did you have some time to check the bug tracker post?

tks

Florian

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 6 months ago #35040 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Testers needed for plugin PrivacyPolicy
I will post here when I have something new to test.

mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon