Skip to Content Skip to Menu

XSPF Profile Player

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 6 months ago #8924 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Woop...Road Fork!
Boom wrote:

couldnt you set a pop uo for the moderation of the personal playlist file that then loads it onto the profile of the person using it to avoid a conflict inside of joomla.
{/quote]

For the music file manager? Not a bad idea. Same goes for the player in the public profile. Having the option to open the player in a new window should be key feature. It's frustrating when tracks are cut off while browsing.

What I'm wondering is how your gonna do that and not kill your self on storage. The files are gonna have to stream from somewhere.

I thought about this one, and figured that having both options: uploading an mp3, or picking one externally would be the way to go. In either case, they'd get compiled into the user's XSPF playlist: all it needs is a validated file resource or URI to open up. I'd just need to include a notifier in the player presumedly for broken external links.

The plugin will allow for the uploader to be disabled or limited (MB/user) for sites strapped with storage and bandwidth limitations.

A radio list that would let you choose the artists and the songs from that artist and then you would be able to add whatever you wanted as well as being able to remove them from your list.

Also not a bad idea, but it falls out of scope for a first release. I understand how MySpace goes about it, but I wasn't thrilled by it. Ever notice how long it takes for some profiles' XML playlists to compile using ColdFusion? Last.fm perfected this.

I think a better idea to add the element of personality to the thing woudl eb to do like Myspace and let people add videws to the site in that manner. I mean myspace has a ass pile of resource and your limited to four uploads if you have an artist account.

I'm sure the same method could be used to generate and play back video playlists, but it'd likely need to be a separate plugin. The current XSPF Flash Player has a limitation of playing back audio only, though I'm sure it could be extended.

i drank an energy drink and my adrenaline is on 175%

This is my third coffee, and it's 10am.

i would like to help make something like this and can be valuable in the flash department.

The original player is at musicplayer.sourceforge.net/ . The .fla file can be edited separately from the code that controls it, and it could use a bit of reskinning. A time counter would be nice. Pretty basic now.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #10792 by

• mzgrafx
  • mzgrafx
18 years 5 months ago #11430 by mzgrafx
Replied by mzgrafx on topic Re:Woop...Road Fork!
how is this project coming along?

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 5 months ago #11548 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Project Status
It's still going, though it's been difficult to give it my full attention lately.

With CB's stable release, well...today, I'm hoping to give the plugin as much time as possible this weekend, so that I can at least hand it over to those who have been interested in testing it out.

www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

18 years 5 months ago #11635 by
Replied by on topic Re:Project Status
Can't wait for your music plug -in. Also could you calender be zip-code-centric?

What I mean by this is - I need a events calender for my site and I would like it to be set up so that I could send out and events mass mail by zip code for the events.

Hope that made some scence.lol

• pointri
  • pointri
18 years 5 months ago #11686 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Project Status
Oh, adding distances by ZIP to the Events plugin would be very tough for two reasons.

The current version of Events doesn't contain a field for ZIP or postal codes, and it doesn't offer a "sort by location" feature because the fields it does provide for addresses aren't indexed.

Other event listing components might, though (Eventlist at Schlu.net?). It might be worth putting in a feature request at the forge site for JEvents to see if anyone wants to tack the ability to add custom fields like a ZIP Code. The Bookmarks component already does this very well.

Second thing is that measuring out distances between ZIP codes would require a reliable geocoder web service, and they're hard to come by.

Post edited by: pointri, at: 2006/05/05 23:33

Moderators: beatnantkrileon